A46 Newark

I spotted this evening a driver having a bad day.

Southbound, just after Newark and the initially I had thought the driver was in a layby. I could only see the passive rear reflectors off the trailer and one near side amber light flashing, so thought that the vehicle with the lights on had something else without lights behind it parked up.

Er. No. Got closer to see the tracks leading off the road for about 60ft and the trailer and unit on the grass. The trailer looked dark coloured and the unit seemed to be a white Daf CF and they were all up to their axles.

Perhaps he had a microsleep that ended badly, but even so, distracted at the wheel and now stuck on the bank.

I didn’t think it was fair to stop and take photos, I’m sorry. :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

Saratoga:
I didn’t think it was fair to stop and take photos, I’m sorry. :blush: :blush: :open_mouth:

Its naughty step for you next time you don’t take pictures young man/lady…:laughing:

Normally on bends on a52 just before Grantham they do that,many a truck ended up in a field on that stretch

Pimpdaddy:

Saratoga:

Its naughty step for you next time you don’t take pictures young man/lady…:laughing:

Yes, because clearly what I should have done was stopped, wondered over, reminded him he was having a bad day, taken a photograph to ensure that he was reminded as much as possible of his mistake.

No, the only thing I did ring the police to point out that there could be problems later for his recovery, at the very least that he was there etc.

As it was I managed to finish my shift unusually early anyway. My 4pm to 5am ended up as 3pm to 2am which was nice :wink:

As geebee45 is the only member I know of who runs out of Newark then it must be him who was the driver :wink: :laughing:

Awaits phone call from Graeme …

dozy:
Normally on bends on a52 just before Grantham they do that,many a truck ended up in a field on that stretch

As a regular user of that bit of road it never ceases to amaze me just how many vehicles leave the road there! Eastbound it seems to be the last right hander that gets 'em. If I had the money I’d buy that field and start my own scrap business for all the vehicles that self deliver!