A46 Bath bridge 18t heads up

I know it’s been mentioned already about the new 18t limit through Bath over the bridge but in that post someone said it wasn’t being monitored and you could risk it.
Well today there was a copper at each end and a big coned off area the size of an artic at each side of the road.

They both looked bored out of their minds, but they obviously are monitoring it. Doubt it’ll be every day, but definitely don’t risk it.

That was me mate , that did say take a chance , as i saw no ANPR /CCTV and lorry watchers , but as you have now said they are on the case , i did wonder how long it would take to enforce it , there are numerous signs around Bath in a 40 mile radius , with the diversion route .
For the city area , in an artic , you can still head near the 18 ton limit , but instead of turning right , where you have the fire station on the right
artics can turn left , going past Pulteney street , to access the Lower Bristol road .
Artics can not access London road from the A36 .
The above is if you are heading North to access the West side of Bath .

Classic example of nimbly middle class up their own arse type councils having influence over the Police, maybe they’re even in the same Freemason lodge as the Chief Super. :unamused:
And another fine example of the use of those limited Police resources we keep hearing about.
That bridge has been used by trucks for as long as I’ve been driving and well beyond,… it was more than likely built by the Roman’s ffs.
I’d bet there is nothing wrong with it that can’t be sorted, but ''We can’t have those horrible thundering juggernauts driving through our town now can we…Pompous twunts. :imp:

As I was waiting in traffic beside the one copper, a police car went passed with blues and twos and the forlorn look on the guys face as it whizzed past him was priceless. He even waved at the car and they completely blanked him. :grimacing:

I guess they are on the equivalent of the naughty step stood there all day…

n

Nimbies in Chippenham objected plans to build a massive warehouse for The Range , it would be located on the Eastern side of the town , so if heading North , with Morrison`s on your right , up to the roundabout with the hotel and the BP garage , left there , and the fields to the right was where it was going to go .
Dog walkers said the view would be ruined by a tall RDC , so The Range moved to Avonmouth , so Chippenham lost out on a lot of new jobs .

Bath is up its own back side , they think they are above us all , they stopped a park and ride to the East , with access to the rubbish London Road, all the time a snails pace in to the city , the farmer could have made some money selling the land , but he refused to budge , dog walkers again , and the view ruined .
At the same location , they stopped a bus on a tram line , where Tv crews interviewed residents by a rubbish dump full of tyres and debris , saying they can not have a tram through there .

So they can choke on the the fumes now , made their bed , so lay in it .

Dinsdale:
Temporary measure until structural works are completed,but know this country 2 years before it starts due to procedure and then 10 years to fix it at a bargain cost of £10 billion pounds,do i sound cynical.

On a more serious note Birmingham council have decided to knock down a flyover and replace it with a light operated roundabout to apparently ease congestion and this is going to cost £27 million just to demolish a bridge and turf some circular concrete,who get’s the left over money then?

Get a stobbie they do it for free

Double post, DOA!

109LWB:
I know it’s been mentioned already about the new 18t limit through Bath over the bridge but in that post someone said it wasn’t being monitored and you could risk it.
Well today there was a copper at each end and a big coned off area the size of an artic at each side of the road.

They both looked bored out of their minds, but they obviously are monitoring it. Doubt it’ll be every day, but definitely don’t risk it.

I actually got pulled in at this exact bridge this week. Long story short, I had a delivery to make on Lower Bristol Road on Monday. Was making my way in on the a46 via J14 of the m4 when I saw the signs for the new restriction and followed the diversion via the a420 to avoid it. Coming back out of bath in my attempt to rejoin the m4 I followed the road signs as you do. Perhaps im wrong but there wasn’t a single sign explaining the restriction until you are at the point of no return and I ended up on the approach to the bridge. Copper jumped out and pulled me up. He told me its being enforced, took my reg and company name and told me repeat offenders are being fined in the future.

In the end he jogged me on with a light bollo**ing but took my reg and company name. If any of you are going that way then unfortunately you are going to have to take the 25 mile diversion or risk facing a fine!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

talknonsense:

109LWB:

I actually got pulled in at this exact bridge this week. Long story short, I had a delivery to make on Lower Bristol Road on Monday. Was making my way in on the a46 via J14 of the m4 when I saw the signs for the new restriction and followed the diversion via the a420 to avoid it. Coming back out of bath in my attempt to rejoin the m4 I followed the road signs as you do. Perhaps im wrong but there wasn’t a single sign explaining the restriction until you are at the point of no return and I ended up on the approach to the bridge. Copper jumped out and pulled me up. He told me its being enforced, took my reg and company name and told me repeat offenders are being fined in the future.

In the end he jogged me on with a light bollo**ing but took my reg and company name. If any of you are going that way then unfortunately you are going to have to take the 25 mile diversion or risk facing a fine!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There are signs up but not that many, for Lower Bristol Rd you’d have to come off the m4 onto the m32 and come around the a4174 ring rd and through Saltford I know it’s a ball ache or approach it via j17 and come in through Trowbridge.