A44 roadworks

Anyone have any idea why they are closing the A44 between llangurig and aberystwyth to just ‘heavy’ vehicles? and its in the ■■■■■■■ day 06-00 to 18-00 from tomorrow until the 30th. I usually pop out onto it from the devils bridge turning, are they expecting me to go to aber up to machynlleth and back to the junction by the railway crossing on the 483?

dont no just had a look on a couple of sites could only find the prohibition details i.e speed limit orders etc probally doing culvert work as the info i looked at named about 4 different locations on that road.

dont understand how cars and light vehicles are allowed though but no HGV’s :confused:

A44T

Pont Dole, Llanbadarn, Aberystwyth

01/02/2010

Gwaith Ailwynebu /
Thin Surfacing

36 Mis / Months

A44T

Glanyrafon, Llanbadarn, Abersywtyth

01/02/2010

Gwaith Ailwynebu /
Thin Surfacing

36 Mis / Months

found this but what is thin surfacing

We have an 18t that goes to Aberystwth everyday on multi drop sometimes has Newtown on aswell wonder what will do if he has to go to Tregaron.

book more overtime :smiley:

Im heading to Cardigan tomorrow from Crewe and usually take this route, We have 9000 tonne of feed to move over the next few weeks, talk about timing :unamused: :unamused:

sea frog, is that right…restrictions for 36 months!!! thats 3 years FFS, they could build a new road in that time !

toowise:
Im heading to Cardigan tomorrow from Crewe and usually take this route, We have 9000 tonne of feed to move over the next few weeks, talk about timing :unamused: :unamused:

sea frog, is that right…restrictions for 36 months!!! thats 3 years FFS, they could build a new road in that time !

The other way is go to Chester - Corwen - Bala - Dollgellau - Machynlleth - Aberystwyth - Cardigan

Nice route aswell done it good few times

cons77:

toowise:

The other way is go to Chester - Corwen - Bala - Dollgellau - Machynlleth - Aberystwyth - Cardigan

How much further is that route…it normally takes me about 4h45ish from Crewe to Cardigan (couple of miles down the Fishguard road) though your route does look like a nice drive but not necersarily at 44t :wink:

toowise:

thats what i pulled off cardigan councils web site didnt realy look at the length of time but it does seem abit extreme

Its until the 20th so 2 weeks.
Think its resurfacing, tipper drivers were saying on the cb that they will come out onto the a44 just past devils bridge and go down that road anyway lol. There is a serious amount of roadworks going on in mid wales at the moment.

bubsy06:
Its until the 20th so 2 weeks.
Think its resurfacing, tipper drivers were saying on the cb that they will come out onto the a44 just past devils bridge and go down that road anyway lol. There is a serious amount of roadworks going on in mid wales at the moment.

not the best road to be on either

toowise:

cons77:

toowise:

How much further is that route…it normally takes me about 4h45ish from Crewe to Cardigan (couple of miles down the Fishguard road) though your route does look like a nice drive but not necersarily at 44t :wink:

Its not the best of routes but really theres not much in it to be honest time wise, but there are a few steep hills on the A470 going over dinas but all in all a good route.
The only other way is come off at welshpool and go down the A458 to Machynlleth.

toowise:

9000 tonne thats a hell of alot of feed :open_mouth:

going to a mill for redistribution seafrog, I was told over the next few weeks but it does sound a lot, could be the amount for the season till spring, although weve had 2 or 3 trucks a day heading down there. (its going to Clynderwen & Cardiganshire Farmers BTW they have expanded their blend plant there)