A43 Towcester

Coming north up the A43 just past Towcester yesterday (Tuesday) morning at 4am as I passed the first big layby I noticed that parked amongst the usual trucks was a white Transit dropside carrying assorted drums. Also there were three police cars whos occupants were cuffing the vans occupants!

Obviously it’s way too early in my investigation to speculate on the reasons for the arrests :wink: , but it is very nice to see Northamptonshires finest out and about doing their job.

It’s probably all a misunderstanding, I imagine the occupants of the Transit were local philanthropists distributing diesel to needy truck drivers. :laughing:
Nice to see the thieving buggers caught.

But not much use when the courts release them with a slapped wrist so they can go out and do it it again the next day …

Name & Address-

Patrick Mcmurphy
The Third Caravan.
Second Layby after the petrol station.
Any town.
England.

Of course I’ll return to the town on the date of my Trial Officer !

raymundo:
But not much use when the courts release them with a slapped wrist so they can go out and do it it again the next day …

The court system is a joke, especially if you was caught doing 60mph+ In a truck on the A75, that was a visit to dumfries court there and then, no messing.
Why can’t they do that with thieves who have been caught red handed!

I was driving past there southbound at about 04:10 AM and didn’t see anything!

I always miss all the fun…

Javiatrix:
I was driving past there southbound at about 04:10 AM and didn’t see anything!

I always miss all the fun…

They’d probably done a runner & the Keystone Kops had a call about a lorry doing 42 in a 40 limit on an empty road in the middle of nowhere ! (Easier Nick)