A43 Silverstone - Overturned Grain Lorry

I had to divert on Wednesday as the A43 was closed.

Now I know the reason why:

northamptonchron.co.uk/news/ … -1-5486316

It would appear that there were no other vehicles involved - but who knows?

It is good to see that the cable barriers in the central reservation did their job and the only thing to cross onto the other carriageway was the grain!

It makes me wonder though. Are grain lorries particularly unstable?

Turbovision:
It makes me wonder though. Are grain lorries particularly unstable?

Yes… if the driver is on job and knock.

Nasty one. Hope the driver makes a full recovery from his injuries.

Yet another idiot car driver oblivious to the mayhem he/she has just caused.

FarnboroughBoy11:

I didn’t know you had graduated from the CSI Academy. Congratulations! :smiley:

Contraflow:

FarnboroughBoy11:

I didn’t know you had graduated from the CSI Academy. Congratulations! :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: I look forward to working on future cases as a senior part of the team.

I remember a few years ago at the old blyth roundabout on the A1 a potato bulker rolled shedding spuds everywhere, they can`t have done a great job of clearing up the mess, as the following year some of the spuds took root

Farnboroughboy , can you please justify your accusation that the driver was at fault and is indeed an idiot , with all the facts on how this incident occurred ?

Many thanks , a potential " idiot driver "

shade:
Farnboroughboy , can you please justify your accusation that the driver was at fault and is indeed an idiot , with all the facts on how this incident occurred ?

Many thanks , a potential " idiot driver "

I think FB may have been hinting that maybe it was a car driver that caused the incident and carried on their journey unaware of the carnage they caused?

Thats my point

Facebook
Hinting
Maybe unaware

Hmmmm , FACTS are better before blaming anyone , but what do I know ■■

shade:
Thats my point

Facebook
Hinting
Maybe unaware

Hmmmm , FACTS are better before blaming anyone , but what do I know ■■

Ok.It just looks from the tone of your post that you assume FB is blaming the truck driver,whereas I think he is indeed defending him.

shade:
Thats my point

What’s your point?

:unamused: my point was … Someone posted on here stating that " an idiot car driver " caused the accident ! Did he not ? All backed up by hearsay and rumour spread on Facebook .

I would like to know the facts , not what people think went on , that was the intended tone of my post . Does anyone know the facts less than 24 hrs later . If so , post away .

Thanks

I know some facts.

It was a tipper. It was Friday.

Make of that what you will.

shade:
:roll: my point was … Someone posted on here stating that " an idiot car driver " caused the accident ! Did he not ? All backed up by hearsay and rumour spread on Facebook .

I would like to know the facts , not what people think went on , that was the intended tone of my post . Does anyone know the facts less than 24 hrs later . If so , post away .

Thanks

Sorry…my fault. I used the initials FB as an abbreviation of Farnboroughboy. No one has in fact mentioned facebook.

shade:
:roll: my point was … Someone posted on here stating that " an idiot car driver " caused the accident ! Did he not ? All backed up by hearsay and rumour spread on Facebook .

Thanks

:laughing:
What are you talking about, I’m not even on Facebook.

FarnboroughBoy11:

shade:

Thanks

:laughing:
What are you talking about, I’m not even on Facebook.

^^^^^^^^^

One of our lads was heading the other way as the wagon went over,he has reported seeing the bulker swaying across the road and thick smoke from the tyres.If you look at the picture,it’s gone over just before the slip road to Syresham village and speaking as someone who travels that road daily,the amount of times some muppet has cut from lane 2 up the slip road infront of me is plenty…
Made for an interesting afternoon as we were clearing a farm at Silverstone,so we had to run the back lanes via Helmdom,Wappenham and Abthorpe which are tight enough without a stream of lost 44 tonners coming towards you :open_mouth:

washy jnr:
One of our lads was heading the other way as the wagon went over,he has reported seeing the bulker swaying across the road and thick smoke from the tyres.If you look at the picture,it’s gone over just before the slip road to Syresham village and speaking as someone who travels that road daily,the amount of times some muppet has cut from lane 2 up the slip road infront of me is plenty…
Made for an interesting afternoon as we were clearing a farm at Silverstone,so we had to run the back lanes via Helmdom,Wappenham and Abthorpe which are tight enough without a stream of lost 44 tonners coming towards you :open_mouth:

Washy remember my green and yellow Daf same company !!