A428 LOW BRIDGE nr tesco RDC crick

Has the bridge on the road the comes from dunchurch/rugby been re-classified to 12’6 again :question: :confused:

I ask i went past a warning sign for the bridge on a roundabout near dunchurch the other day on my de-tour to avoid the bridge by truck was 12’4 and i notice the sign said 12’6 but i could of sworn it used to say 12’3 after it was changed from 12’6 originally.

can any stobart/tesco drivers shed any light on this, as if thats the case i can now ram my truck under it and avoid a de-tour from crick to dunchurch.

cheers

:smiley: :smiley:

It is marked up as 12’ 6, you are correct…but I can tell you that mine runs under it at 12’8 :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: The reason I know is cos I wear BRIGHT ORANGE RAIL GEAR!!!..

PLEASE NOTE: I WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU HIT IT!!! :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it’s higher than 12’ 6" , that’s all i’m sayin :wink: :wink: BUT has been signed as 12’ 3 “AND” 12’6 " in the past

I’ll ditto Clarkys comment about ■■■■■■■■ it tho !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

I remember it being signed as 12’3" but haven’t noticed if the signs have been changed again and I drive past the DIRFT side of it on the way to work :blush: :blush:

shade:
it’s higher than 12’ 6" , that’s all i’m sayin :wink: :wink: BUT has been signed as 12’ 3 “AND” 12’6 " in the past

I’ll ditto Clarkys comment about [zb] it tho !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

PMSL…see what am saying :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I REPEAT I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF SOMEONE TAKES A SHOT AT IT AND SMASHES IT!!!

(Just remember to ring the rail police to let them know ok!! :laughing: )

Clarky:

shade:

I’ll ditto Clarkys comment about [zb] it tho !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

PMSL…see what am saying :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I REPEAT I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF SOMEONE TAKES A SHOT AT IT AND SMASHES IT!!!

(Just remember to ring the rail police to let them know ok!! :laughing: )

i’ve not been in that area since my post, is their option to turn round near the bridge should i decided i wont fit under it, so your saying a 12’6 truck will comfortably drive under it, is it arched:?: :question: :question: :question:

Yes it is arched and set at an angle , as for turning round , if your coming from Rugby I suppose you could reverse back to the pub turning (Old Royal Oak) but if your coming from Crick you’ll stuggle . Many moons ago I used to work at Tossco Crick and quite a few trailers ended up with sunroofs going that way :laughing: Becuase the bridge is at an angle and arched you have to come thru at the right angle or :blush: :blush:

My advice…if in doubt…

shade:
Yes it is arched and set at an angle , as for turning round , if your coming from Rugby I suppose you could reverse back to the pub turning (Old Royal Oak) but if your coming from Crick you’ll stuggle . Many moons ago I used to work at Tossco Crick and quite a few trailers ended up with sunroofs going that way :laughing: Becuase the bridge is at an angle and arched you have to come thru at the right angle or :blush: :blush:

My advice…if in doubt…

If you’re coming from Crick isn’t there a small trackway into a yard that holds some sort of railway gumf, on the right that you can back into?
I can confirm that a NFT reefer trailer will go under it , both ways :smiley:

i seem to remember this bridge being marked a lot higher
maybe it was shrunk to discourage traffic going into Rugby

There is a bridge in Chepstow marked 11.6 but I have been under it with a container, it was a standard container and I had to dump all my air tractor and trailer but it does go under…Just… :smiley: :smiley: