A420 speed cameras

Just a warning to all the good guys plodding up and down the 420 from oxford to swindon,the boys in blue have set the speed cameras to flash at 44 for the big uns,5 lads on our fleet have got the fines to prove it,transport manager is on the war path now :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Anything to do with THIS :question:

Could be,spoke to one of the lads who was caught and he said he didnt see any of the usual cameras flash as he slowed before them :blush:

How rude of me… I should have welcomed you :blush: :blush:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome cheeky monkey :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:** ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg)

Thank you,nice to be part of the community :smiley:

cheeky monkey:
Just a warning to all the good guys plodding up and down the 420 from oxford to swindon,the boys in blue have set the speed cameras to flash at 44 for the big uns,5 lads on our fleet have got the fines to prove it,transport manager is on the war path now :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ta for that …am doing Milton Keynes - Devizes return on Sunday and loathe doing the (signposted for LGV’s) A34/M4

Well it was only time till it happened
Thats why I run 30 , 40 , 50 , and 53
I paid my own way for my licence and intend to keep it 30yrs Ive had it and still clean… ok at times in the past things were lets say not too strict but na with all the new crap flying round by the book 4 me ( oh and in the past I’m on about the log book times you know stone tablets and scribes) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

why would anyone need to slow before the speed camera
the limit has always been 40 on that road
and the scameras have been there for years

hitch:

Because we are not all saints like your goodself.

Speck:

hitch:

Because we are not all saints like your goodself.

Or me :smiley:

Those that deliberately speed know the risks they are taking and if they are prepared to take the consequences, then FINE (pun :laughing: ), as long as they do not compromise the safety of others.

Sooner or later those that do speed are likely to see the point, or POINTS (another pun :laughing: ) as to why it should not be done.

As a biker, trucker and car driver I could get in a long debate, and have in the past, about the safety of various vehicles and speed limits. I respect you Rog, but I disagree with you.
40mph for trucks is wrong and when the same road is shared with other vehicles that are allowed to do 60mph, its just downright bloody dangerous!

Carl

Speck:
‘…40mph for trucks is wrong and when the same road is shared with other vehicles that are allowed to do 60mph, its just downright bloody dangerous!..’

Which seemingly advocates that a 38 ton wagon full of spuds will behave like an open-top sports car when an unexpected situation occurs at 60mph on a single carriageway A road. How many ways do we want this to go?

Lets simply assuage those narrow-minded operators/drivers of self-pitying ‘…other vehicles…’ because they and their often overblown icons of wealth aren’t keeping this nation supplied/fed with their ‘want-it-now’ selfishness on their inevitable trips to out-of-town shopping precincts…

Happy Keith:

Speck:
‘…40mph for trucks is wrong and when the same road is shared with other vehicles that are allowed to do 60mph, its just downright bloody dangerous!..’

Which seemingly advocates that a 38 ton wagon full of spuds will behave like an open-top sports car when an unexpected situation occurs at 60mph on a single carriageway A road. How many ways do we want this to go?

Lets simply assuage those narrow-minded operators/drivers of self-pitying ‘…other vehicles…’ because they and their often overblown icons of wealth aren’t keeping this nation supplied/fed with their ‘want-it-now’ selfishness on their inevitable trips to out-of-town shopping precincts…

Who suggested that a 38 ton wagon will behave like a sports car? Who suggested that they can do 60 mph? I certainly didn’t! Not sure I fully understand the rest of the post ■■

Happy Keith:

cheeky monkey:
Just a warning to all the good guys plodding up and down the 420 from oxford to swindon,the boys in blue have set the speed cameras to flash at 44 for the big uns,5 lads on our fleet have got the fines to prove it,transport manager is on the war path now :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Ta for that …am doing Milton Keynes - Devizes return on Sunday and loathe doing the (signposted for LGV’s) A34/M4

Cake collection at Haydens for Waitrose??

Speck:

Happy Keith:

Speck:

Who suggested that a 38 ton wagon will behave like a sports car? Who suggested that they can do 60 mph? I certainly didn’t! Not sure I fully understand the rest of the post ■■

Fair enough, I’ll keep it basic: So your claim is that ‘…40mph for trucks is wrong…’

Why is it wrong?

Is the suggestion that you can’t cope with being restrained to it?

two reason:-

1. Truck brakes have come a long way in the past few years. The distance that a modern truck needs to come to a halt is far shorter that that of a truck from 30 years ago.

2. It is simply stupid to have different speed limits for different vehicles on the same road. The trucks are going to hold up the cars, they will try to overtake, this increases the risk of accidents

Why would 50mph for all not be a good idea?

I agree Speck that the 40 limit is both outdated and outmoded, but you stated that different limits for different vehicles on the same stretch of road is a bad idea. Well that’s fair enough mate, but we also have that on M’ways and dual carriageways at the mo and I can’t see the great and the good raising our limits to 70mph, or dropping Mr Sales Rep to 56mph in the near future.

the maoster:
I agree Speck that the 40 limit is both outdated and outmoded, but you stated that different limits for different vehicles on the same stretch of road is a bad idea. Well that’s fair enough mate, but we also have that on M’ways and dual carriageways at the mo and I can’t see the great and the good raising our limits to 70mph, or dropping Mr Sales Rep to 56mph in the near future.

Big difference is you can overtake safely om a motorway.

Looking at the single carriageway LGV 40 issue from the ‘average’ car drivers usual way of thinking and perspective –

(in peed off tone) I can legally do 60 but I’m being stopped from doing so by this truck driver - who does he think he is - he is not a cop or some other official - I could except that - his lorry can go faster than that

And to be fair, that is the way a heck of a lot of car drivers are thinking and perceiving this.

I, and the greatest majority of you folks know that this is the wrong way to think about it and I’ll bet that there is hardly one of you who curses a truck in this situation - why not? - because we know the issues from the other side.

If the average car driver could be made to see this then a lot of our problems would be solved - they might even campaign on our behalf :exclamation: :exclamation:

Speck:
‘…Big difference is you can overtake safely on a motorway…’

That kind of statement is worthy of Molehusband contempt: A properly trained driver will consider overtaking safely on any reasonable class of road: How many muppets have you had loyally glued 6 feet from your tail when the straight & flat road on which you’re legally travelling (with no side roads & in good vis’, etc, etc) is oblivious to them as providing an ideal passing opportunity? Many want spoon-feeding with ‘limits’ to suit their ignorance …most need training beyond their dismal ‘test’ standard.

I feel sorry for a trained/wise driver at the back of the wagon-train with a string of cars and an LGV to get past.

(Perhaps consider giving IAM gift vouchers for crap-driving ability friends/rellies this Christmas…or those too scared to “make reasonable progress when suitable conditions allow”)