A41

Just a general question,coming from Holyhead down to midlands A41 down to M54 seems to be the preferred route with majority of irish companies , especially night time surely would be more beneficial to go M56 out to M6 and down or even A51 ,to M6 .
Done the A41 good few times and can’t see the benefit with all the stopping and starting ,speed limits ,just after some opinions on this .

Maybe they are stopping en route somewhere like grocontinetals,or stop in the truck stop in Whitchurch.

No .was running with lads going south no stops …

The A41 bypasses the m6 at Stafford [emoji6]
BTW u can get free Costa coffees at this stop off on the m6 near Stafford m.facebook.com/pages/VOSA-check … 5927969304

The 41 can be a lot quicker than the M6, north or south especially if the M6 is stop/start all the way. There’s not that much stopping just a few roundabouts

Fair comnent …just after few opinions.i agree with u about M6 alright…mostly nightime i. Up i go up and down

According to google maps it 28 miles less to M6 jct 10 going down the A41 than across the M56/M6,the Irish lads will do 56mph on A roads or motorways :smiley:

Now the limit is up to 50 the 41 flows fairly well avoids all the nightime roadworks on the M6 as well as the weighbridges at Sandbach and Stafford

I hate that road with a passion, such a drag if you get stuck behind someone. I prefer either the A51 or the A5 down to Shrewsbury. If I’m heading to Dover or south I use A51 and A50 to M1. I always avoid Birmingham where possible

Thanks Luke was going to ask your opinion on twitter actually,I can’t see the fascination with it myself was thinking Shrewsbury or A51 myself .

Usually when stuff goes wrong with accidents and the like its around J15-J18 on the M6 and then you’ve got all the 50MPH restricted roadwork sections as well. Going out A41 and M54 misses all of that.

mazzer:
Now the limit is up to 50 the 41 flows fairly well avoids all the nightime roadworks on the M6 as well as the weighbridges at Sandbach and Stafford

that answer wins the prize as far as the paddys are concerned…2 less chances of greif. :imp:

i pick up loads from queensferry and using the M56/M6 to run down to a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ south side of birmingham takes me 30mins longer that using the A41/M54 plus if i am running out of time using the A41 there are plenty of laybys to choose from for parking

dieseldog999:

mazzer:

that answer wins the prize as far as the paddys are concerned…2 less chances of greif. :imp:

But the DVSA hang about on the A41 A49 split at Whitchurch midway truckstop car park !

still less chance of a serious tug though,especially if your running with the pack in the rocking chair…10–4 good buddy.

tango boy:

dieseldog999:

mazzer:

But the DVSA hang about on the A41 A49 split at Whitchurch midway truckstop car park !

True enough but yet to see them there at 2 in the morning

dieseldog999:
still less chance of a serious tug though,especially if your running with the pack in the rocking chair…10–4 good buddy.

Roger dee :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

switchlogic:
I hate that road with a passion, such a drag if you get stuck behind someone. I prefer either the A51 or the A5 down to Shrewsbury.

That’s the way I go from Holyhead+ RTN too.
Good number of dualled roads and rarely hit a queue at any roundabouts and can “stand on 'er” most of the way :exclamation: :exclamation:
Wee truckstop@ Chirk Services is good for a 15 and a toasty too. :wink:

I always use the A41 whenever up that way less hassle.