A41 Aylesbury - bicester bridge hight

can anyone confirm to me the hight of the bridge on the A41 between Aylesbury & Bicester. The old truckers atlas that I use atm has it listed as 14ft on 1 page and 15ft on another page overleaf.
I was down that way today, but as I was 144" I errd on caution and went bicester from dunstable via Milton keynes

When I worked for Dines of Bicester in the 70’s it was always signed at 14’ 3".

I thought it was over 14ft before too (14ft 1 was it ■■). But, I’ve seen a few bridges actually get lower recently where they add bits and pieces to them either to warn of their height or extra protection when hit. One near here, used to be 14ft is now 13ft 6, crazy. There also have been one or two that have been dug under to gain height too though. So they do change.

I went under it today its definately 15 foot plus

DAFMAD:
I thought it was over 14ft before too (14ft 1 was it ■■). But, I’ve seen a few bridges actually get lower recently where they add bits and pieces to them either to warn of their height or extra protection when hit. One near here, used to be 14ft is now 13ft 6, crazy. There also have been one or two that have been dug under to gain height too though. So they do change.

Think they lowered the road in 2002 but don’t know what the new height is . archive.oxfordmail.net/2002/6/7/39225.html

Welshman:

you sure?
this is the 1 I`m on about

multimap.com/maps/?qs=bicest … |bicester|
its just that the AA truckers atlas lists it as both as 14ft on 1 page and 15ft on another page

peirre:

Welshman:

you sure?
this is the 1 I`m on about

multimap.com/maps/?qs=bicest … |bicester|
its just that the AA truckers atlas lists it as both as 14ft on 1 page and 15ft on another page

Just checked my, recently bought, Close up Truckers, to see what that says and its says 15ft
Bloody thing weighs a ■■■■ ton.

its Aylesbury onthe A41

DAFMAD:
Just checked my, recently bought, Close up Truckers

do yourself a favour, sit and count the pages slowly from numbers from No1 - end page
I`m guessing that there may be a page or 2 missing or out of running order, as there has been a fault with the newer TA

I thought that someone would have a website with all the bridge heights but no such luck.

They are both 15’0. I’ve been under with High Cube containers making the total vehicle height 14’6 with no probs.

hitch:
its Aylesbury onthe A41

corrected :blush: :blush: