A403 closed Avonmouth

This road will be shut from Monday for about 4 weeks and i believe the closure will be from Western Approach (the Tesco, Farm Foods turning) up to the turning for Wrings, Cartwright Rentals etc turning near the new waste disposel place. So if you’re after Tesco etc it’s via the old Severn Bridge only but if you want Asda for example it’s via the Avonmouth turning. but if you’re doing both drops you’ll have to go back on the the motorway and go the long way round. And it’s shut 24/7.

Isn’t it nights only? Or during day too. Its been shut a lot at night for past few months causing no end of problems for us.

switchlogic:
Isn’t it nights only? Or during day too. Its been shut a lot at night for past few months causing no end of problems for us.

There are signs saying closed 24/7 so i can only presume that to be the case.

See here…severnnet.org/workareas/transpor … struction/

So closed again :unamused: :unamused:

So closed, and yet so far… Do I take it going through Hallen is a no-no for HGVs?

I believe the 7.5t weight limit has been removed whilst the roadworks are there

Snudger:
So closed, and yet so far… Do I take it going through Hallen is a no-no for HGVs?

Yes 7.5 t limit for the village itself. And the B4055 down from the Cribbs turn off will be closely watched and i think that’s 7.5t also.

That particular program of works taking seven months and costing us the taxpayer 13 million pounds is a complete disgrace, I wouldn’t mind if they actually got on with it all they are doing is remedial work most of which is just planning the top coat off and its taking 7 months.

You drive down there after a nights “work” and they’ve done f*** all except sit on there fat arses playing with their mobile phones all night, it took them 10 nights to resurface the roundabout by the bridge, and the finished work is crap a lot of it was in better shape before they started the bit past the roundabout southbound from Cabot Park is like a f****** tank trap, a total shower to a man.

mike68:
That particular program of works taking seven months and costing us the taxpayer 13 million pounds is a complete disgrace, I wouldn’t mind if they actually got on with it all they are doing is remedial work most of which is just planning the top coat off and its taking 7 months.

You drive down there after a nights “work” and they’ve done f*** all except sit on there fat arses playing with their mobile phones all night, it took them 10 nights to resurface the roundabout by the bridge, and the finished work is crap a lot of it was in better shape before they started the bit past the roundabout southbound from Cabot Park is like a f****** tank trap, a total shower to a man.

It’s ridiculous. All that money to make a crap Road slightly less crap. Why the hell they didn’t use it constructivly and build a junction on M49 is beyond me. Think of how much hassle that would save

bald bloke:
See here…severnnet.org/workareas/transpor … struction/

Cheers. Such a stupid situation

switchlogic:

mike68:

It’s ridiculous. All that money to make a crap Road slightly less crap. Why the hell they didn’t use it constructivly and build a junction on M49 is beyond me. Think of how much hassle that would save

The junction is in the pipeline apparently buts it’s a long pipe !!

That’s gonna be a ball ache.
Good job it’s ok tonight.
Into Ars da for 2 then Toss Co for 4 :grimacing:

bald bloke:

switchlogic:

mike68:

Why didn’t they build it when they laid down the M49 in the first place??

the nodding donkey:

bald bloke:

switchlogic:

mike68:

Why didn’t they build it when they laid down the M49 in the first place??

Because at the time all that land was just farmland and I suppose nothing was earmarked to go in there at the time, now obviously it’s all taking off.

bald bloke:

Snudger:

Yes 7.5 t limit for the village itself. And the B4055 down from the Cribbs turn off will be closely watched and i think that’s 7.5t also.

Thanks for that, it’s been a while since I went that way. Our Volvos and Ivecos go out there for servicing so I will have to bear all this in mind, seeing how IIRC the locals don’t like large trucks using their village streets. Just glad I don’t go there often.

Snudger:

bald bloke:

Snudger:

Thanks for that, it’s been a while since I went that way. Our Volvos and Ivecos go out there for servicing so I will have to bear all this in mind, seeing how IIRC the locals don’t like large trucks using their village streets. Just glad I don’t go there often.

We do a lot of running about between Avonmouth and Chepstow so that’ll be an arse especially Fridays and Saturdays.

A question for the locals to this road.
When fully open, and if I am intending to head north on M5, from Accolade wines Avonmouth, is it quicker to turn left towards (Avonmouth village) left at r/about then join M5 from there.

Or.

Turn right on 403 to Aust MSA, then pick up M5 north from there.
Just wondering.
Cheers.

Turn Left

SWEDISH BLUE:
Turn Left

Thanks mate, I’ll know next time then.