A38 Derby/ Ripley

Does anybody have any ideas as to the diversions being used during the overnight closure of the A38 Ripley bypass, for the next fortnight , Please.

The only thing I can think of Kate is get off the 38 on that allesley ■■■■■ before the river, go up the a6 through belper and hang a right at the lights the 610 back to the 38, I wonder if thats the one thyer using? Trouble is, theres a bridge just after you turn up the 610, I think it,s tall enough to get a standard box under, but Im not 100%, I’d check if I were you!

Thanks Mal. We’ve thought of that route, even though it’s not the best road in the world. Also we thought of the A50 across to the M1, but that’ll cost us 20 minutes that we can’t really spare. Hopefully they’ll send us up through the 7.5t weight limit. Or maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll open the road 15 mins ahead of schedule - just as we get there :laughing:
May just ring Derbyshire Council to get the official angle on this, as I can’t find it on the web.

OK Kate, hope you get round it ok M8!

heres the info

highways.gov.uk/roads/projec … ing_works/

for traffic info use this link

highways.gov.uk/trafficinfo/

if your over 13’ 9" dont go down the a610 to ambergate becuase theres a low bridge.

you would be just as well using the a50 to the m1 or going down to little eaton island along frank whittle way and joining the a52 at pentagon island

jon

Thanks Guys, for your help.

Depends where your trying to get to Kate?

There are several alternates available but depend whether your heading to somewhere along the route or just passing through.

CM
Just passing thru’ but need the shortest time delay possible, or the whole day will go belly up :exclamation:

Kate:
CM
Just passing thru’ but need the shortest time delay possible, or the whole day will go belly up :exclamation:

Which direction and at what time? it may be important.

If your northbound then A50 to M1-J23A then M1 North to J28 (end of A38).

If your well outside rush hour then A38 up to Little Eaton accross Frank Whittle way to Pentagon Rx then A52 east back for M1- J25, or if west take the ring road A5111 along the new Alveston by-pass to Alveston and back onto the A50.

If southbound the M1 -J23A -A50 Westbound is the best option, avoiding Derby and A38 altogether.

Under normal circumstances we would hit the Little Eaton roundabout at 05.30, heading north.So we’re hoping the road will re-open ahead of schedule, and no time will be lost. But we shall see. :exclamation:
I personally have to put up with this for the first of the two weeks only, as I am on holiday after next weekend. :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for your help CM, much appreciated.

The official version from the Highways Agency

Highway Agency:
"During southbound closures, traffic will be diverted at Ripley along the A610 to Ambergate, then the A6 to Allestree in Derby where they will re-join the A38. For northbound closures, traffic will be diverted on to the A6 at Allestree, then A610 at Ambergate, and rejoin the A38 at Ripley.

"We recommend that during the closures that longer distance drivers use the A50 and M1. An overnight diversion route for local traffic using the A6 and A610 will be clearly signed, and abnormally high load vehicles will have a separate diversion route. "

I have noticed when you get to little Eaton Roundabout going north Hook a left through Little Eaton it is a 7.5 tonne limit normally but it has been written over.

Through the village until you come to the toll bar traffic light straight on (the old cafe was at there yonks ago. Head into Ripley and when you get to the traffic lights get in your left lane and go round the corner pass the garage and you come to the A38 there no low bridges.

But I’m sure you all know this now