A371 Castle Cary, open yet?

Bit of local knowledge required. Is the A 371 open yet? I thought that the works at Castle Cary may have been finished by now but can’t find any definitive answer. Expecting to go North from Wincanton to Evercreech with a 13-6 high fridge on the back.

Thanks in advance.

Nope not open yet. Either A371 to Castle Cary then left at the bridge, down to the crossroads on A37, then right onto A37 TO A361. or A303 to Podimore than A 37

Cheers my friend. :sunglasses:

i cam down the 37 thro shepton to langport twice yesterday a first time afta going passed rounabout where road splits to cary thought i didnt see those red signs saying road shut so next load took notice and signs had gone… so take it no signs means its open again or pikies have nicked them lol.

pimmer73:
i cam down the 37 thro shepton to langport twice yesterday a first time afta going passed rounabout where road splits to cary thought i didnt see those red signs saying road shut so next load took notice and signs had gone… so take it no signs means its open again or pikies have nicked them lol.

Your info could be more up to date than mine, so I would go A371 and if still closed then left to A37. If open, then a bonus.

Wiretwister:
Bit of local knowledge required. Is the A 371 open yet? I thought that the works at Castle Cary may have been finished by now but can’t find any definitive answer. Expecting to go North from Wincanton to Evercreech with a 13-6 high fridge on the back.

Thanks in advance.

Yes it’s open went passed Friday there’s some temporary lights there because it’s still not quite finished.

Thanks guys. :smiley: :smiley:

Open but one way

Unless they have changed it since last Monday its open both ways, their is traffic lights their tho. I went down to wincanton from Shelton mallet and back no probs .

Tipper Tom:
Open but one way

Well it was both ways yesterday afternoon. :confused:

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:
Open but one way

He could mean only one side of the road open BB. Hows the new Olvols going by the way

nick2008:

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:
Open but one way

He could mean only one side of the road open BB. Hows the new Olvols going by the way

Do you mean Olvols or Volvos ? If Volvos then excellent i’m sat in one right now, if Olvols i’m not with you. :blush:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

Tipper Tom:
Open but one way

Didn’t explain that well. One side of the road is open and controlled by temp lights.

Yep that’s the ones lol.
Looks nice. A buddy on the pm shift down yours said they have that auto park break or is that on the merc ■■ Either way I like a handle to pull to park :wink:

nick2008:
Yep that’s the ones lol.
Looks nice. A buddy on the pm shift down yours said they have that auto park break or is that on the merc ■■ Either way I like a handle to pull to park :wink:

Yes auto brake is in the Volvo and it’s a good thing it goes off when you pull away and comes on automatically when you turn ignition off. Who is your mate ?