A34, More Night Joy

Closed 2100-0600 Northbound from Milton (A4130) to A4183 from 30/1 for approx 6 weeks. The official diversion is a cracker :laughing:

From Oxford Mail “Drivers travelling northbound will be diverted and will leave the A34 at Milton Interchange and follow the A4130 towards Wallingford.
They will then take the A4074 to join the A423 at Heyford Hill Roundabout and Bypass Road to Hinksey Hill Interchange.”

Unofficial, people will try to go A417 through Wantage and pick up the A420 to Peartree.

Be aware they usually put an overnight temporary 7.5T limit on the B4017 to stop people cutting through Steventon and Abingdon, even more so now as the rail bridge at Steventon is down to 1 lane as its weak apparently.

Enjoy :open_mouth: :laughing:

Edit to correct the Oxford mail thinking Heyford hill is in Surbiton :unamused:

Fuzrat:
Closed 2100-0600 Northbound from Milton (A4130) to A4183 from 30/1 for approx 6 weeks. The official diversion is a cracker :laughing:

From Oxford Mail “Drivers travelling northbound will be diverted and will leave the A34 at Milton Interchange and follow the A4130 towards Wallingford.
They will then take the A4074 to join the A423 at Heyford Hill Roundabout and Bypass Road to Hinksey Hill Interchange.”

Unofficial, people will try to go A417 through Wantage and pick up the A420 to Peartree.

Be aware they usually put an overnight temporary 7.5T limit on the B4017 to stop people cutting through Steventon and Abingdon, even more so now as the rail bridge at Steventon is down to 1 lane as its weak apparently.

Enjoy :open_mouth: :laughing:

Edited it for you as you put A243 which is in Surrey

Cheers Mate, I’ll correct the original post and I’ll take it up with the Oxford mail, was a direct copy and paste quote :laughing: :laughing: Hardly surprised, they are famed for their shoddy pseudo journalism :smiley: :smiley:

Went up & down it early hours this morning( a34 ) and other than odd sign I was surprised to find it all open , 303 ,43 , m1 , a46 we’re the same , nice run , and in/ out tj Morris in 20 mins , unheard of .

Fuzrat:
Cheers Mate, I’ll correct the original post and I’ll take it up with the Oxford mail, was a direct copy and paste quote :laughing: :laughing: Hardly surprised, they are famed for their shoddy pseudo journalism :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Well it’s Oxford who hate those horrid wheeled things with ICE engines of any size

The diversion is miles! A mate who lives local to Steventon has said there’s a weight restriction on the railway bridge. Apparently you can get under Cow Lane bridge in Didcot these days in an artic so that bypasses Milton trading estate at least but still a fair trek round

Actrosman:
The diversion is miles! A mate who lives local to Steventon has said there’s a weight restriction on the railway bridge. Apparently you can get under Cow Lane bridge in Didcot these days in an artic so that bypasses Milton trading estate at least but still a fair trek round

You go first :confused:

toonsy:

Actrosman:

You go first :confused:

Ummmm……named the wrong bridge, meant Marsh Bridge….used to live not 2 minutes from there as well!!! :blush: :laughing:

dozy:
Went up & down it early hours this morning( a34 ) and other than odd sign I was surprised to find it all open , 303 ,43 , m1 , a46 we’re the same , nice run , and in/ out tj Morris in 20 mins , unheard of .

Weekdays only at the moment. You got lucky with A34, was closed all day yesterday from about half 8, fatality between the Speen and Tothill junctions :frowning:

A43 has been shut just off the M1 weekdays too, you would have been going right round the houses if you had done that run on a week night :open_mouth: Some upsides for weekend working I suppose.

That’s a no from me, coming back from Newbury I’ll be going westbound down the M4 then past Swindon, A417 to Birdlip and pick up the M5 northbound
Failing that, eastbound A4, M4 to the 404, north to the M40 at High Wycombe, M40 northbound
Wouldn’t be the first time either, they seem to be very partial to closing that A34 at night

They’re very partial to closing the A417/419 after 8pm
It might be worth looking online for road closures before you go there one.network/

Fuzrat:

dozy:

Weekdays only at the moment. You got lucky with A34, was closed all day yesterday from about half 8, fatality between the Speen and Tothill junctions :frowning:

A43 has been shut just off the M1 weekdays too, you would have been going right round the houses if you had done that run on a week night :open_mouth: Some upsides for weekend working I suppose.

Was it shut s/ bound as I’m sure it was 6.30 when I got to amesbury , only in 20 mins , but stopped at tot hill srvs for 45 ( 50 ) on way back up , so couldn’t of missed it by much , can’t remember seeing anything

dozy:

Fuzrat:

dozy:

Was it shut s/ bound as I’m sure it was 6.30 when I got to amesbury , only in 20 mins , but stopped at tot hill srvs for 45 ( 50 ) on way back up , so couldn’t of missed it by much , can’t remember seeing anything

Was about 8.45. Elderly woman passenger killed, 81yr old driver injured. Car and truck.