A34 blocked newbury both ways

Truck across two carriageways - road to be resurfaced it seems - late home tonight!

itv.com/news/meridian/story/ … -of-boxes/

If the guy is uninjured, then I wonder if there’s something to be said regarding “name and shame the ■■■■” here…?

I’m not trolling here. Just wondering why the injury conerns seem to always trump the bad driving prevention that could be made out of highlighting what this driver actually did wrong here…

“A driver was arrested at the scene” tells the public nothing.

Hmmm, I wonder what companies truck that is? :blush:

P.S. The driver is fine…

Evil8Beezle:

P.S. The driver is fine…

And unemployed.

Evil8Beezle:

P.S. The driver is fine…

Looks like he tried to ‘Switch’ lanes…

Hmm think Knights of Old had one rip up about 1/4 mile of that wire barrier the other week heading north bound on the 34 near Tothill .

Sorry to sound like Albion but why do so many lorries come to grief on the A34? It’s not as if it’s twisty and has junctions every mile. Too many drivers worried about being top of the league table for cruise control usage and bottom for harsh braking etc.

Muckaway:
Sorry to sound like Albion but why do so many lorries come to grief on the A34?

Coming down from a Midlands hub, you hit Abingdon to Sutton Scotney at the time of morning night trunkers tend to nod off.

Derf:

Muckaway:
Sorry to sound like Albion but why do so many lorries come to grief on the A34?

Coming down from a Midlands hub, you hit Abingdon to Sutton Scotney at the time of morning night trunkers tend to nod off.

That’s alright then. I apologise that when I used to drive North of Birmingham, I never fell asleep at the wheel around the M54 junction.

Muckaway:
Sorry to sound like Albion but why do so many lorries come to grief on the A34? It’s not as if it’s twisty and has junctions every mile. Too many drivers worried about being top of the league table for cruise control usage and bottom for harsh braking etc.

I notice that when driving trucks loaded right upto 44t along this stretch - that the rolling countryside gives to the combination running away with you downhill, and the bits where it’s 7.5t to overtake has drivers of empty trucks trying to squeeze past fully loaded laggards before the next uphill bit starts…

imho trucks overtaking on rolling hills with bends and junctions on them - is not worth the risk.

Get away from the “job and knock mentality” here, and a lot of accidents involving trucks could be averted.
I believe the ones having the most accidents are those not fully loaded weight wise, who come up behind a slow fully loaded truck, and feel they’ve “just gotta overtake”… Sure, they’re faster, but they are also less able to correctively brake should a sleepy laggard drift over to your lane 2 halfway through the overtake. :bulb:

+1

Although that stretch of 7.5 overtake limit doesn’t apply to the tipper boys… :smiley: