A31 France new regulations

First time for a few weeks that I have been down the A31,but there are matrix signs warning that new regulations to ease the flow of traffic will come into force as from 10th July.
There are lots of new signs,covered up at the moment,from the Luxembourg border,all the way to Toul and the Peage de Guy.There will be a reduced speed limit for cars of 110km/h and an overtaking ban for trucks over 3,5t from 7h till 20h.

The signs say that this is an experimental scheme to test the flow of traffic along this stretch.

But then again they said that about the Dunkerque stretch when they introduced that,and how many years has that been going?

We’ve got a leaflet with a map about the new ban on our notice board at work.
If I read it right, it appears that there is to be part of the route where overtaking is still to be allowed to see what effect this has on overall traffic flow :confused: :confused:
I think it was midway between Metz and Nancy.

Personally, I have rarely felt the need to overtake on this stretch unless I have an ADR load plodding along at bang on 80 klicks in front of me. It’s not worth the hassle otherwise, so I just tend to knock a couple of klicks off the cruise control and let them as want to get on with it. My overall journey time never seems to suffer greatly and it is certainly less stressful.

I expect the French will have proper standardised European signage to indicate the overtaking ban and not feel the need to invent their own ambiguous signs like those bloody comedians in Belgium :imp: :imp:

By the way, Keith, was that you eastbound on the A15 at Charleroi at about 9.45 last Monday morning?

Inselaffe:
By the way, Keith, was that you eastbound on the A15 at Charleroi at about 9.45 last Monday morning?

I reckon it must of been,I’d just tipped in Seneffe and was going back to Borgloon.