A303

Heard on the local news today that plans are being put forward for the current S/C sections of the A303 to be dualled. Should make for a better journey to Yeovil, Salisbury and beyond.

they have been talking about doing that for years, I don’t expect to see it done in my life time if it takes as long to do it as they have been talking about it :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :confused: :confused:

Yep, if I had a pound for every time this is mooted I could build a whole new motorway to Devon.

Yes,as a West Country driver let me say we have been excited about those plans for let me think, probably about 30 years.

wildfire:
they have been talking about doing that for years, I don’t expect to see it done in my life time if it takes as long to do it as they have been talking about it :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :confused: :confused:

Wasn’t it a tunnel they keep on about building there?

The tunnel plan was for Stonehenge but now scrapped.The road to the stones is now shut forever to be grassed over to improve the visitor centre.

DAF95XF:

wildfire:

Wasn’t it a tunnel they keep on about building there?

Yes under Stonehenge where it’s currently s/c.

Really hope this gets sorted, i have a friday from Hertfordshire to Dorset and usually the A303 around Soltice is the worse part of the journey.

A303 and A30 to be dulled London to Penzance. Top government priority” Conservative government 1959. Don’t hold your breath!

pas7272:
Really hope this gets sorted, i have a friday from Hertfordshire to Dorset and usually the A303 around Soltice is the worse part of the journey.

You can slide off at Parkhouse and cut through by the HQ of H4H then up through Larkhill and come out on Druids 0

Yeah I’ve sneaked back a couple of different ways but more and more know of this route and at times it’s a bit hairy. Like a back road race track.