A303 to close at Mere for 5 weeks

Just got in doors tonight and only heard a little bit of the story, but the boss of Gregory’s was on TV moaning that the A303 at Mere was going to close for 5 weeks and it would cost his business thousands of pounds in extra mileage and time. Did anyone one here get the full story?

they was on about doing this about 18 months ago, but they decided against it in the end due to the local roads not being upto the volumes of traffic that would use them for the detour

it was originally going to shut for 3 months if memory correct, but then they got so much stick they changed to night closures. but i think they fond that the job couldn’t be completed with out a complete closure, all but a much shorter one than originally planned.
i think the diversion route is up to shepton then back down the 36 to wyle, dont know if that has changed. wont effect me to much as i live on the A30 nr sherborne so just up to shaftsbury and out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

This is the full story…

trevorcarbin.org.uk/news/000305/ … _15th.html

Cant wait until we start clearing our farms down the 303!!!