A3

You old buggers, any good spots along the A3 to park up for the night?

I will either stop at Portsmouth and then run back in, or try and get to Cobham services but would rather have a spot where it is peaceful and has a toilet near by or a place to go to get a drink. :smiley:

Yeah, big layby just before the M25 at Wisley. Just make sure that if you drop your wallet you kick it all the way back home! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Yeah, big layby just before the M25 at Wisley. Just make sure that if you drop your wallet you kick it all the way back home! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

aye, :laughing: a nice warm drink :sunglasses: in the woods an all! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: got my mate a belter one night there, :smiley: I went UPTO ÂŁ2 truckpark at Bracknell ( closed now chaps ! ) :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Is the lorry park still on the industrial estate at Petersfield?.

Come off at the Petersfield junction with the BP services on and the industrial estate is the exit before the southbound entry onto the A3. Follow it down for around half a mile and the lorry park used to be on the right at the T junction. Never that busy and only around 10 minutes walk into the town for a pie and a pint.

Lip hook services has parking for around half a dozen truck on each side. No access to a pub as far as I know but garages are open 24hrs. No charge for parking as far as I know.

Try and avoid the laybys because they are well known to be visited by the diesel fairies.

Cheers
Neilf

the maoster:

I always thought Wisley “Right-Handed-Shag” gardens was a dogging hotspot - not a cottage industry? :laughing: :laughing:

Winseer:

the maoster:

I always thought Wisley “Right-Handed-Shag” gardens was a dogging hotspot - not a cottage industry? :laughing: :laughing:

MMTM :wink: that it depends which side of the A3 you park; Guildford bound if you aint into girls, London bound if you are.

Apparently!

neilf:
Is the lorry park still on the industrial estate at Petersfield?.

Come off at the Petersfield junction with the BP services on and the industrial estate is the exit before the southbound entry onto the A3. Follow it down for around half a mile and the lorry park used to be on the right at the T junction. Never that busy and only around 10 minutes walk into the town for a pie and a pint.

Lip hook services has parking for around half a dozen truck on each side. No access to a pub as far as I know but garages are open 24hrs. No charge for parking as far as I know.

Try and avoid the laybys because they are well known to be visited by the diesel fairies.

Cheers
Neilf

Not sure if the lorry park Is still there but I always seems to manage to park in the services immediately off the roundabout. There is only parking for about 3 trucks maximum but there is regularly spaces. Means you have a choice of Mcdonalds or the pub on site and wash in the services in the morning. Free parking as well

Gives a whole new meaning to the concept of “Crossing the Road” doesn’t it?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The small lorry park at Petersfield is now a waste recycling yard but you have no trouble parking on the ind est if mc d’s is full, 5 min walk into the town centre from there.

jdc:
Not sure if the lorry park Is still there but I always seems to manage to park in the services immediately off the roundabout. There is only parking for about 3 trucks maximum but there is regularly spaces. Means you have a choice of Mcdonalds or the pub on site and wash in the services in the morning. Free parking as well

I forgot about that one.

All facilities and like you say, always appears to be room to park. I used to fuel in there fairly regularly middle of the night and always parking available.

Cheers
Neilf

Only just seen this thread, shame as i could have had a word and you could have stayed in our yard just before Guildford. Pub across the dual carriageway as well, well fun when ■■■■■■ trying to leg it back over.

Just wished you seen it sooner.

I looked at the lay-bys etc but the buggers had cars and trucks in, you know the sort to park with a gap between them all. I cracked on and stayed at Cobham, which was an experience that I won’t repeat again. Nearly had my mirror taken off whilst I was watching TV.

I used snap but £25 and you get ■■■■ all is wrong