A3 night time closer

If you find yourself coming up the A3 from M27 -M25 & it says A3 closed @ A325 it wants to send you around the diamond diversion route…

What they don’t warn you about until it’s too late is their is a 13’9 bridge, no signs until approx 300 yards from said bridge with no where to turn. And as is on a left hand bend you may not see around the bend in the distance in the dark.

D/D drivers beware…

Going in the direction you were heading, there were signs back by the garden centre telling you to turn right for the official over hight route (possibly covered by bushes and trees) or there is a last minute ditch out right as you get to the bridge, which is also signed and is actually the easier route. Coming at that bridge the other way from the a31 then yeah I’m afraid your ■■■■■■!! [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was fine i’ve only got a small one ( and the trailer ) im only 12’6

One night I was travelling along the A31 towards the M3, and got caught up with traffic on a diversion route from the A3. When I approached the roundabout, the diversion route diverted traffic left towards the bridge, but a little way back there were some yellow diversion signs specifically aimed at HGV’s, and if I recall correctly they were diverting HGVs off at a left turn before the roundabout.

You can also turn left just north of Bordon village onto the B3004 to Alton (no height/weight limits) and pick up the A31 there - turn right at the roundabout onto the A31 and the junction with the A32 for the coast is the next roundabout.

(NB. If you’re coming the other way, watch out for the tree on the left just as you leave Kingsley village - it’s low enough for a double decker to hit it.)

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were going north. The Alton route is worth a look, as there are no level crossings and much less traffic (the diversions near Farnham are both along narrow residential roads).

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I was just trying to do my bit…

I did the run back from the Isle of Wight one night .
Overheads were telling us the M3 was closed and the exit off the M27 before the A3M was closed .
No problem we thought we are going straight to the A3M .
The problem was the M27 was closed and then the diversion had roadworks on it . Eventually we got to the A3 but then that was closed and that diversion also had traffic light controlled road works on it .
The residents of that village weren’t happy with all the HGVs keeping them awake all night .
Basically every main route out of the Portsmouth Southampton area going east or north was closed all night and the alternatives all had roadworks . Who plans this nonsense?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Night time tends to be closer around this time of the year… It’ll keep on getting closer each night until about December 21st I believe. :stuck_out_tongue: