A2 parking

Jesus h Christ !
Nearly hit the sertrans lorry parked half in half out , in the lay by on the a2 ! The coach in front of me couldn’t have missed it by more than a few cm. I know parking is difficult along here but some of these knobs are plain dangerous.
Need a toilet now.

I had that on the a1 the other week, a lorry hanging out the layby with no lights on, zb me up too.

Problem was the Spanish Eurolines coach in front must have seen it late and swerved quite violently. I managed to go around quite easily. But someone one day will plow right into the back of one these eejits. Question is why don’t the police move em on ? Too busy manning speed traps & drinking tea I spose.

Yes, a regular problem for me too, although it has to be said that there is nowhere near enough parking in Kent for trucks.

Harry Monk:
Yes, a regular problem for me too, although it has to be said that there is nowhere near enough parking in Kent for trucks.

Completely agree.
It’s almost criminal to have that many trucks coming through Dover with woefully inadequate facilities !
Still don’t excuse the idiots that just abandon their truck and hope for the best.

No he could have carried on driving whilst being cream crackered and run into the back of some stationary traffic. Which might have been the case on the M1. The real problem is lack of proper facilities and who is to blame for that?

44 t
Would you seriously park with half your trailer sticking out into the inside lane of the a2 unlit ■■
We all agree about facilities but that is lunacy. And 15 minutes out of Dover I wouldn’t think fatigue was an issue.

Can you still park in Canterbury on the Longport car/coach park?
Haven’t been down there for years.

axletramp:
Can you still park in Canterbury on the Longport car/coach park?
Haven’t been down there for years.

No mate they closed Longport a while back even to coaches there back in the supermarket car park across the road.As for layby parking you are getting regualer accidents on A20 between Dover and Folkstone the idiots just dont think or care.

It’s alright blocking access to the lay-by if it’s full but hanging out in to a live lane,lights or no lights is just plain stupid. If anyone hit him, he’d be going down for that I’d have thought.

turnip:
44 t
Would you seriously park with half your trailer sticking out into the inside lane of the a2 unlit ■■
We all agree about facilities but that is lunacy. And 15 minutes out of Dover I wouldn’t think fatigue was an issue.

No ,I wouldn’t but then I’m not Polish/Lithuanian/Rumanian etc… :grimacing: