A1M overturned lorry

Was out today delivering roof trusses and had a quick 2 1/2 hr drive when I was stuck for an hour in traffic. I thought it was road works until I passed the scene, a white unmarked lorry on its side, trailer completely in pieces and the cab looked like it had been crushed, two breakdown trucks were at the scene. Anyone else got caught up in this, and know what happened? I was struggling a bit with my load and high winds so suspect wind might had something to do with it, not enough to tip it over though. Hope the driver was ok, no other vehicles were involved from what I could see.

You mean this one?

lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/ … rry-272454

fingermissing:
You mean this one?

lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/ … rry-272454

Yes that’s the one. Makes you realise how the wind can affect you to a point of danger. I was lane drifting all day.

UKtramp:
Was out today delivering roof trusses and had a quick 2 1/2 hr drive when I was stuck for an hour in traffic. I thought it was road works until I passed the scene, a white unmarked lorry on its side, trailer completely in pieces and the cab looked like it had been crushed, two breakdown trucks were at the scene. Anyone else got caught up in this, and know what happened? I was struggling a bit with my load and high winds so suspect wind might had something to do with it, not enough to tip it over though. Hope the driver was ok, no other vehicles were involved from what I could see.

Tsk Tsk.

I would expect better from you.

the nodding donkey:

UKtramp:

Tsk Tsk.

I would expect better from you.

Me too. I am trying to fit in by dumbing down a bit :grimacing:

It’s unlikely…

That a fully loaded fridge trailer stuffed to the roof with veggies got blown over. There’d be a whole fleet of empty curtainsiders on their sides in the area if that was the case.

More likley the typical Skoda driver with exhaust stacks and furry dice was Facebooking or watching ■■■■.

yourhavingalarf:
It’s unlikely…

That a fully loaded fridge trailer stuffed to the roof with veggies got blown over. There’d be a whole fleet of empty curtainsiders on their sides in the area if that was the case.

More likley the typical Skoda driver with exhaust stacks and furry dice was Facebooking or watching ■■■■.

Reckon you could be right, but was a bit hair raising today. I had a full load of roof trusses on which tend to always feel unsecured. I was more in my mirrors today so assumed the wind had got this one. It was around 11’oclock I passed it. Didn’t realise it had happened at 3am.

I passed it northbound at about 630 this morning. Couldn’t quite work out how he had managed to get it lay down the way it was. It wasn’t particularly windy when I came past, but I guess we’ll never find out what happened.

Hope the driver is ok.

strange place too have a snooze

madmackem:
I passed it northbound at about 630 this morning. Couldn’t quite work out how he had managed it with how he to get it lay down the way it was. It was particularly windy when I came past, but I guess we’ll never find out what happened.

Hope the driver is ok.

It was completely trashed, I couldn’t understand how it got like that either. If another vehicle was involved I could understand it.

Early hours of the morning… well I didn’t have no issues with the wind at 3 this morning going over the Queen Elizabeth so he must have been going some O.o

Well it is a mystery as to what happened.

Was going north then ended up on the south facing south ■■? Witchcraft :neutral_face:

Amaizing story this, I bet he was canning it.
Full load of brussels from Brussels.
The driver Collie Flower was unhurt.
Lucky the cab was a tough Swede, and robust design.
Don’t take the peas .