A1M Chester le Street - Washington closures

I live adjacent to the A1M and received this letter today regarding roadworks starting soon,
Tyneside

So no different to most nights for the past 12 months then?

Conor:

Not sure, I know prep works have started for the new bridge / rewidening a couple of miles further north just past the Angel and that will be ongoing to 2025. I think this letter was sent to our locale as this particular stretch of the A1M is only about 500 mts from the back of our houses andis out of sight due to a small woodland area but we may experience nightime noise disturbance.

Tyneside

tyneside:

Conor:

Not sure, I know prep works have started for the new bridge / rewidening a couple of miles further north just past the Angel and that will be ongoing to 2025. I think this letter was sent to our locale as this particular stretch of the A1M is only about 500 mts from the back of our houses andis out of sight due to a small woodland area but we may experience nightime noise disturbance.

Tyneside

“Night-time noise disturbance”?
Are you hosting the new overflow fridge parking for Kent?

That’s gonna cause problems when they close the Washington stretch! Durham will become the last MSA on the A1 North for quite a distance…and it’s tiny!

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
That’s gonna cause problems when they close the Washington stretch! Durham will become the last MSA on the A1 North for quite a distance…and it’s tiny!

Would the A19 be any good? Not sure where you are going.

The A19 is knackered every night [emoji1787]
I’m sainsburys so ill find anywhere to park, I just mean it’ll cause bother for others

Franglais:

tyneside:

Conor:

Tyneside

“Night-time noise disturbance”?
Are you hosting the new overflow fridge parking for Kent?

u

Merely stating fact, where we live the A1M is a constant drone 24/7 which you get used to. When the work starts the noise will be different, heavy plant, road scrapers, reversing beepers etc. It looks like a lot of the work is to be done at night and the noise travels even further. I also suspect the road immediately behind us will be the nighttime diversion for access to Washington. Lived in the same spot for more than 30 years and it has happened before. Tyneside