A19 over the river Tyne

Is this a toll road?

It’s a tunnel, fella…

tt2.co.uk/tunnels.html

Tarrman:
Is this a toll road?

Take it your on about the tyne tunnel mate,yeah its a toll of 2.50 i believe.

Haha my bad :smiley:

Cheers for the link :wink:

£1.60 ain’t too bad I suppose, I’ll be in a sprinter.

Tarrman:
Haha my bad :smiley:

Cheers for the link :wink:

£1.60 ain’t too bad I suppose, I’ll be in a sprinter.

Ah sorry mate yeah 1.60 for smaller vehicles.2.50 for bigger. :grimacing:

There’ll be fog…

Fog or smog? lol

Even so £2.50 isn’t a bad price when compared to the M6 toll and the Mersey tunnel. They should all be free anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

cargocargocargo:
There’ll be fog…

on the tyne ■■? its mine !all mine :slight_smile:

syramax:

cargocargocargo:
There’ll be fog…

■■■■, you beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

syramax:

cargocargocargo:
There’ll be fog…

■■■■, you beat me to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

the auld uns are always the best :smiley: :smiley: ( and i`m a auld un )

I’d be careful and still have £2.50 ready, depends on how the sensors and spies pick you up… :imp:

Sometimes, I’d rather use the tunnel because you could burn that amount of fuel sitting / crawling along on the A1, past the Metrocentre.

But it’s not my fuel bill, and I’m paid by the hour! :smiling_imp:

Goldfinger:
I’d be careful and still have £2.50 ready, depends on how the sensors and spies pick you up… :imp:

Sometimes, I’d rather use the tunnel because you could burn that amount of fuel sitting / crawling along on the A1, past the Metrocentre.

Might use the A1 then :stuck_out_tongue:

Goldfinger:

I went thru northbound ,chucked my £2.50 in with gusto , got thru no problem did the same southbound and it flashed up £1.20 more required !
No sign of any attendant so had to cough up , moral of story, drop money in gently

Think I might give the toll a miss although I was thinking of using it in the way back. Got to go to Gateshead, Morpeth and Ashington on Wednesday, hoping to have a nice bit of dinner by the sea :stuck_out_tongue:

Sainsburys never used to pay for the tunnel so always had to go round, you might have one drop on south side one north then back to south so if at a busy time 3 hours traveling at £10.75 per hour to save £4 how did they work that out

JFC999:

Goldfinger:

I went thru northbound ,chucked my £2.50 in with gusto , got thru no problem did the same southbound and it flashed up £1.20 more required !
No sign of any attendant so had to cough up , moral of story, dropmoney in gently[/quo
did you not think to press the big red button with help written on it mate.they would of dropped your money,the trick is to drop each coin in so it registers

if the machine wanted more money and youve already put money in,the trick is to check the coin return tray. thats where yer money is. youve chucked it in too fast…

Those machines are far to sensitive to coins, about time they brought back the attendants

If you’ve only got a note on you remember to stop at the change machine on the left… I speak from experience lol.

Saaamon:
If you’ve only got a note on you remember to stop at the change machine on the left… I speak from experience lol.

Been there done that, I had a queue of cars behind me so attendant had to bring me some change.