A171 Scarborough-Whitby

Quick question-
I’m tipping in Scarborough this afternoon & my next tip is Darlington, can I use the A171 through/Skirting Whitby, or are there any restrictions along that route ?

Not actually driven it but I was in Middlesbrough last week and saw signs for the a171 to Whitby and I didn’t see any weight restrictions etc on the sign

Yeah you’re good to go Martin. No restrictions of either height or weight. Enjoy the scenery but be careful coming down Birk (sp) Brow which is a big eff off hill.

Thank Guys, nice scenery, one of the Perks of the job (occasionally)

Its a lovely run. When I was driving for Reed Boardall out of Bridlington I used to go that way from Stockton with a double deck fridge because time wise it was about the same as going down to York then across but was a much nicer drive than boring DC. Just a shame ■■■■■■ tourists pottering along at 30MPH spoil it this time of year.

Left Scarborough at 2pm & got to Darlington at 3.40pm, was a nice drive, didn’t see too many Holiday Makers (but windy & cold) but got stuck behind a Tractor pulling Hay for 10-15 minutes before he suddenly realised that he had a hundred cars & wagons behind him [emoji57]

Oi can’t read
& Oi can’t write
But Oi can drive a tractor !
(With my Webbed Inbred Fingers [emoji609][emoji12][emoji6])