A14

Found this to day LINK TO MAP of improvement scheme So it ain going to be that bad, so if every ones mum and dad that works there jog on it will be done before 2020. Wonder what they will do with the huntington to alconbury bit, plough it back into the ground

Great find, thanks for sharing. I can’t say I travel on there very often, but I’ve never found it to be that bad for traffic except for the roundabout to continue along the A14, is this why are they building this whole new thing?

As for the old road, I’d guess they’ll leave it as is because it would cost more than it’s worth to remove it. If traffic volume proves low enough they might let one side of the carriageway fall into disrepair and maintain the other as SC.

Leave the old section in place i hope, considering how many times the present A604, sorry A14, is stationary due to smash ups the old road will be back in use at least one day a week, it’ll be the same numpties who can’t drive using the new section.

Plus there’ll be another couple of million added to the population by the time its ready and at least another 500 containers crammed with Chinese plastic trash and sweat shop produced clothing/furniture will be using the road daily plus increased other traffic to service the spreading concrete jungles…anyone remember how quiet the newly opened A14 Cathorpe to Brampton section was the first few week it opened :bulb:

Wrong post.

highways.gov.uk.amazon

I’m just going to leave this here

I don’t see gov.uk being a subdomain to amazon…

The only part of the current A14 that will change is the bridge over the east coast mainline being removed.

tommymanc:
highways.gov.uk.amazon

I’m just going to leave this here

I don’t see gov.uk being a subdomain to amazon…

Amazon do more than just sell crap.

Typical…

They go and built and smooth new by-pass and then put (as far as I can see) 3 junctions on it.

When will they ever learn that putting junctions in just adds to congestion, maintenance costs and ■■■■-ups.

Leaving the old road in place will just give the ‘travelling fraternity’ a perfect pitching area…

Tarmac for their caravans and the grass embankment for their ponies…