A14 Toll

Just seen on our local news that HGV’s will not have an option to use the old road and will be forced onto the Toll road.
So as we will be rats in a trap how much do you think we will be charged a go?

10-08:
Just seen on our local news that HGV’s will not have an option to use the old road and will be forced onto the Toll road.
So as we will be rats in a trap how much do you think we will be charged a go?

Here. bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18887149

I think Felixstowe docks or anyone having goods delivered through there will feel the pinch, there’s no more money in the pot to pay out on tolls.

London Gateway in Essex opens 2013! And will by the sounds of the above Felixstowe will be at a major disadvantage for container traffic! The A14 should have been upgraded years ago as a Motorway! :unamused:

Sounds like John Major’s local NIMBY club might be making rude noises…

Either they want an arterial road or they don’t!
It’s not been that long since the roundabout systems have been finished in the Black Cat/St Neots/Huntingdon area.
Now a huntingdon BYPASS is spoken of? - I can’t help thinking that an opportunity to save some money and do the public right has been missed here for all concerned.

Incidentally, who else sticks in the middle lane northbound when the M11 runs out into what’s now called the A14? :confused:

Winseer:
Sounds like John Major’s local NIMBY club might be making rude noises…

Either they want an arterial road or they don’t!
It’s not been that long since the roundabout systems have been finished in the Black Cat/St Neots/Huntingdon area.
Now a huntingdon BYPASS is spoken of? - I can’t help thinking that an opportunity to save some money and do the public right has been missed here for all concerned.

Incidentally, who else sticks in the middle lane northbound when the M11 runs out into what’s now called the A14? :confused:

If you stay in the nearside lane you have to fight to get back over again.

If you stay in the nearside lane you have to fight to get back over again.

+1, not worth the hassle moving over for a mile only to battle yourself back across again, besides your far more predictable staying in the middle, a good majority of people know if your staying in the middle your going straight ahead.

Glad to know that for once I’m not considered a pillock then! :smiley:

By the time they have built that, we’ll be using particle replication transport (beaming it over)!

Winseer:
Glad to know that for once I’m not considered a pillock then! :smiley:

no you are :grimacing:

What tickles me is why people in high places (Adminisphere?) are not getting the message from Joe Public?
Nobody wants congestion charges (Manchester despite HMG bribes/ blackmail)
Nobody wants toll roads (M6, Humber Bridge)
No doubt it will be priced silly

Wow what bright spark came up with this :unamused: at the end off the day the M6 toll is losing money, so what private investor is going to chuck millions into another toll road, that no one will use.

There are enough ways round it, St Neots - Bedford - M1, for a kick off (12 miles longer to Catthorpe), or Thetford- Kings Lynn- Newark for another(about 10 miles shorter). :wink: