A14 to M1 Sth Catthorpe

Will there be a slip road?

Don’t think so… they are just digging it all up to put it back again :unamused: :laughing:

The improved junction will provide the following direct free-flow links:
A14 to M1 northbound
M1 southbound to A14
M6 to A14 in both directions
M6 to M1 southbound
M1 northbound to M6

Ian58:
The improved junction will provide the following direct free-flow links:
A14 to M1 northbound
M1 southbound to A14
M6 to A14 in both directions
M6 to M1 southbound
M1 northbound to M6

Ah another dream crushed. :cry:

free flowing :open_mouth:

someone’s dreaming :slight_smile:

You still can’t go up the M1 and east on the A14…

Who else is ■■■■■■ off with using the A43/A45 when they seem to keep re-routing those roads as well, which makes the actual following of these roads as clear as mud in places…

The A43 comes off the M1 at Northampton Services for example - Now you try and follow it upto the A14! It’s all over the bloody place!
If you try going up the A45, you’ll end up on another (now disconnected!) section of A43, and wind up at a different part of the A14 to what you expected…

Still, at least that new road linking Kettering to Corby makes a nice short cut. You won’t find it on googleearth though - it’s still a field, only identified as the right place by the give-away railway line that runs alongside it across that viaduct…

oatcake1967:
Will there be a slip road?

Winseer:
You still can’t go up the M1 and east on the A14…"

Are you both retarded?

Why the ■■■■ would you want to do either unless you are completely retarded? A14 to M1S you’d go down the 508 or any number of roads that cut across from the A14. And likewise M1N to A14E opposite direction. For those retards that can’t find their way if it isn’t a motorway, just stay on the M6 or M1 to the next junction and do a 180, both junctions are only 2 miles up the road. :unamused:

So… Say you live in Swinford, and work at one of the Crick depots then?

It’s got to be at least double the distance - because you can’t go wb A14 to sb M1…

Paid mileage doesn’t usually take into account “roads you cannot go down” for any reason, just the same as Savnavs have this knack of sending you under low bridges and down tight country lanes…

Then there’s "What do you do in an artic when the M1sb is closed at the crick roundabout? You can go north, but then you can’t get onto the A14 eastbound… doing a 180 at the next junction is no good to you, cos M1sb is still shut for ALL traffic because of say, an accident… There’s often an accident at Catthorpe junction itself of course, that may well prevent you leaving the M1sb onto the A14 using the extanct slip road that goes onto Swinford roundabout…

It’ll never be “retarded” to want to spend less of your time ■■■■■■■ about, because of a poorly-linked local set of roads…

That whole junction has never been right - it needs to be changed into a proper junction like M25 J12 and J27… Go from anywhere to anywhere… Job done!
Build some slip roads, and get rid of that stupid bowtie roundabout system… How many have died on it already? :frowning:
It’s not as if there are any properties right where the slip roads need to go…

Winseer:

It’s got to be at least double the distance - because you can’t go wb A14 to sb M1…

Paid mileage doesn’t usually take into account “roads you cannot go down” for any reason, just the same as Savnavs have this knack of sending you under low bridges and down tight country lanes…

Then there’s "What do you do in an artic when the M1sb is closed at the crick roundabout? You can go north, but then you can’t get onto the A14 eastbound… doing a 180 at the next junction is no good to you, cos M1sb is still shut for ALL traffic because of say, an accident… There’s often an accident at Catthorpe junction itself of course, that may well prevent you leaving the M1sb onto the A14 using the extanct slip road that goes onto Swinford roundabout…

It’ll never be “retarded” to want to spend less of your time ■■■■■■■ about, because of a poorly-linked local set of roads…
That whole junction has never been right - it needs to be changed into a proper junction like M25 J12 and J27… Go from anywhere to anywhere… Job done!
Build some slip roads, and get rid of that stupid bowtie roundabout system… How many have died on it already? :frowning:

You really are a thick ■■■■ aren’t you. :unamused: So you think that some little ■■■■■■■ village in the middle of nowhere that probably has about 50 houses in total is worth HA spending another few million quid on making an entry onto the motorway for the 10 people that may want to go that way? :unamused: :unamused: If you lived in Swinford and worked at Crick you would of course drive straight through Catthorpe, out the other side and go straight down the A5 :unamused: which, if there was an entry onto the M1S like you want, would only add another 10 seconds to your journey time. :unamused:

The rest of your post is nothing more than “what ifs” and extreme examples which happen once a blue moon and could be applied to virtually every other trunk route or motorway junction in the UK so I’m not even going to waste my time.

I’ve noticed from your other posts that you do seem to enjoy making life as difficult as possible for yourself in everything you do.

If Carryfast joins in,it will make 12 pages of utter tosh.
Reading his posts is like a lecture from a proffesor of world history.

Left hand down!:

Winseer:

You really are a thick [zb] aren’t you. :unamused: So you think that some little ■■■■■■■ village in the middle of nowhere that probably has about 50 houses in total is worth HA spending another few million quid on making an entry onto the motorway for the 10 people that may want to go that way? :unamused: :unamused: If you lived in Swinford and worked at Crick you would of course drive straight through Catthorpe, out the other side and go straight down the A5 :unamused: which, if there was an entry onto the M1S like you want, would only add another 10 seconds to your journey time. :unamused:

The rest of your post is nothing more than “what ifs” and extreme examples which happen once a blue moon and could be applied to virtually every other trunk route or motorway junction in the UK so I’m not even going to waste my time.

I’ve noticed from your other posts that you do seem to enjoy making life as difficult as possible for yourself in everything you do.

I bang on about changes to things that kill people a lot.
I think allowing government to take the “money saving & population killing approach” to infrastructure and lawmaking to be morally wrong in the extreme.
I don’t know what you’re on about with the “making life difficult for myself” seeing as I reckon for the hours I do, I get to take home a better wage than most, even now I’m on agency. What’s difficult about “trying to make a difference”? I even get paid more to take my time about things and doing it the SSOW way where appropriate. Perhaps you refer to the single issue of my current problems with the insurance industry - whom pushing back against me is now going to cost another professional driver his job, because I can’t see how it can now be resolved out of court… Maybe that makes people like you view me as some kind of “Grass” perhaps? The venom in your post even hints you might be that driver? - If so I can only say :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If, or not I waffle on in my posts is more to do with me being a fast typist than writing too much for some knuckle-dragger like yourself to be able to read through in one hit…
As for being ‘thick’? - Well, you are hardly qualified to recognise that in me without trumping me on IQ first, which I’m pretty damned sure you cannot…
I create an argument. A ball to chuck around for debate.
If you disagree with my argument here, you don’t call me thick - you come up with a reason why it’s worth leaving alone a junction that has killed scores of people - many of them truck drivers. :angry:

Retarded, I’ll say knocked my timing back
years ago,ya see I run a little lazy nowadays.

It’s great for dealing with upstart whipper snappers. :laughing:

so if your in an artic coming from the A14 towards dirft M1 J18 the new capthorpe junction will make no difference

villa:
so if your in an artic coming from the A14 towards dirft M1 J18 the new capthorpe junction will make no difference

It should make it quicker to get to junc.1 M6
so you can spin round and go back through the
new and improved junction. :unamused:

Some people are never happy, you wanna be thankful they built the A14! cross country was slowwwwwwwww before it was.

Winseer:

Left hand down!:

Winseer:

You really are a thick [zb] aren’t you. :unamused: So you think that some little ■■■■■■■ village in the middle of nowhere that probably has about 50 houses in total is worth HA spending another few million quid on making an entry onto the motorway for the 10 people that may want to go that way? :unamused: :unamused: If you lived in Swinford and worked at Crick you would of course drive straight through Catthorpe, out the other side and go straight down the A5 :unamused: which, if there was an entry onto the M1S like you want, would only add another 10 seconds to your journey time. :unamused:

I bang on about changes to things that kill people a lot.
I think allowing government to take the “money saving & population killing approach” to infrastructure and lawmaking to be morally wrong in the extreme.
I don’t know what you’re on about with the “making life difficult for myself” seeing as I reckon for the hours I do, I get to take home a better wage than most, even now I’m on agency. What’s difficult about “trying to make a difference”? I even get paid more to take my time about things and doing it the SSOW way where appropriate. Perhaps you refer to the single issue of my current problems with the insurance industry - whom pushing back against me is now going to cost another professional driver his job, because I can’t see how it can now be resolved out of court… Maybe that makes people like you view me as some kind of “Grass” perhaps? The venom in your post even hints you might be that driver? - If so I can only say :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If, or not I waffle on in my posts is more to do with me being a fast typist than writing too much for some knuckle-dragger like yourself to be able to read through in one hit…
As for being ‘thick’? - Well, you are hardly qualified to recognise that in me without trumping me on IQ first, which I’m pretty damned sure you cannot…
I create an argument. A ball to chuck around for debate.
If you disagree with my argument here, you don’t call me thick - you come up with a reason why it’s worth leaving alone a junction that has killed scores of people - many of them truck drivers. :angry:

Ooooh! Big shouty bold font! U mad? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They’re not “leaving alone a junction that has killed scores of people” unless you’re blind as well as thick. The junction is being completely designed and fixes the problem on the M1S where those “scores of people” have been killed in the past. This is plain to see in the above renderings if you bother to look. The new junction is free-flowing in all directions and to put in slip roads with junctions/roundabouts/bridges/tunnels so that a few trucks going in and out of Crick can shorten their journey by 2 mins by not having to go up to M6 J1 would cost millions and there’s nowhere near enough justification for it. Only a thick ■■■■ would struggle to understand this. :unamused:

Well from a barely raised eyebrow to the ignore list
in one easy step.

It’s going well isn’t it :smiley:

What ever is or isn’t done, it’s gonna be better.

(And u wanna go all the way to catthorpe to then run down to Dirft? Not wi my diesel ya wouldn’t)

oatcake1967:
Well from a barely raised eyebrow to the ignore list
in one easy step.

Ditto. :sunglasses: