A14 speed?

ran up n down the A14 a few times in the last couple of weeks and noticed quite a few sticking to 50mph, i know this is the speed limit for this road but not so long ago everyone would just stick it on the limiter so whats changed? i know about the average speed cameras but assume these are set at 70mph.

At a guess, the price of fuel. :wink:

hourly pay insted of salary :wink:

Limiters reset!

paul b:
i know about the average speed cameras but assume these are set at 70mph.

CAREFUL - if those cameras have the ANPR technology then they know (if programmed) what type of vehicle they are looking at and can work out the 50 average for a LGV over 7.5 or a 60 average for a LGV under 7.5

paul b:

You assumed wrong, they’re signed for 50 mph.

no they’re only signed 50 through the road works the permenant ones are signed national speed limit but thanks anyway.

Quite a few companies have the limiters set at 52.

ROG:

paul b:

CAREFUL - if those cameras have the ANPR technology then they know (if programmed) what type of vehicle they are looking at and can work out the 50 average for a LGV over 7.5 or a 60 average for a LGV under 7.5

well if they do have ANPR technology its faulty cos i go through there on the limiter everytime i’m on it :open_mouth: :wink: and ive had no nasty NIPs in the post :wink:

oh and BTW I aint the only one who does it cos ive seen it with my own eyes many times

Those A14 speed cameras are funny, everytime I drive there (in car) I do 70-80mph or 80-90 when it’s early morning and quiet and never received a postcard.
Fingers crossed they didn’t fix them last night or this morning…

has anyone ever received a ticket for going through average speed cameras to fast, I used to see cars and vans flying through them all the time.

the speed cameras dont all work…I know some of the cables which go under the A14 by sproughton havent been connected up since they was installed…to see which ones work go along at night and you can see the lense bit glow red.These are the ones working…

Thetaff:

ROG:

paul b:

well if they do have ANPR technology its faulty cos i go through there on the limiter everytime i’m on it :open_mouth: :wink: and ive had no nasty NIPs in the post :wink:

oh and BTW I aint the only one who does it cos ive seen it with my own eyes many times

assuming we are talking about the ones near cambridge i have never ever recieved a FPN going through them from the day they have been installed. i used to drive through early morning on the limiter (56) and even then the container and reefer lads were still passing like i was parked up along that stretch. for some reason when coming back in the day time i would drive through at 50mph :exclamation: :neutral_face: :unamused: despite them having night vision. now i driver through on the limiter (52) and every truck passes me now :frowning: :laughing:

are they actually working full stop? maybe they just been put and people are assuming they do work and dont want to test the theory? anybody recieved one in their car or truck?

but ever since they have been installed i have noticed less accidents and tail backs on that stretc of a14…

I used to be TM of a large fleet of vehicles (100 +) & on average would receive at least one notice per week requesting information of driver details due to speed cameras but these were all for standard speed cameras, never in 20 yrs received a single one for average speed camera, have my doubts that they work at all, the technology is probably there to do it but on the temporary ones in roadworks etc dont think its worth the hassle of them wiring them in & to a central control but dont take my word for it just dont RISK it, after all its your livelyhood at risk

i was refering to the ones by cambridge,on the limiter all the time when you can of course!!

In fact i do it through all the average speed cams when its possible i.e 2-3am,cos in the daytime you got no chance due to the amount of muppets sticking to 40mph :unamused: :wink:

i guess they do work, remeber when they first started the roadworks near j34 on the m1, there was a statement released soon after saying how the cameras had earnt x amount in the first two weeks.
i’m thinkingb maybe the a14 thing is drivers who get their cards/ tachos checked for speeding by the companies they work for, sort of “how have you done all that run on the limiter when you’ve been on the a14”?

if the specs work why do cambridgeshire RSP still feel the need to put their van out on that stretch, like today??