A14 So much for an early finish

Anybody else parked up and got on the bunk on the A14 in the 300 mile stationary tailback this morning? Was on an absolute flyer at 4:30am down to Stansted Airport to pick up a ■■■■■■■■ of cargo, no road closures on the way which is somewhat of a rarity these days, trailer swapped then had my 45mins break…

Came out was making real good time on the way back, M11 clear, A14 clear till I got past jct 3 I was just 10 miles from the M1/M6 split then I joined the back and entered hell on earth. With the weather being so nice 2 numbskulls decided to ■■■■ off hundreds of motorists by running up each others arses and close the entire carriageway for 2hrs. Must have just happened when I got there as the fire engines and ambulances were trying to push through us all to get to the scene which was 3 miles further down.

Just what you want on a blazing hot day to be going nowhere for 2hrs and running out of food & drink out of shear boredom. I don’t know what happened to the muppets who caused the entire southern hemisphere the inconvenience of their day but unlikely they walked away from it.

Last time I looked the A14 was entirely located in the Northern Hemisphere - Must have been one hell of a tailback to significantly affect our Antipodean cousins…

His sat-nav playing up?
300 miles?

No, he’s right. I was caught up in it too… all the way from Bribie to Brisbane.

No incidents on that other “55mph rolling traffic jam” then that is the A12? :question:

My brother works off the a14 in Northants, and has to travel home to Evesham every Friday night. We use this time for our weekly phone catch up as I’m usually travelling from Hull to the Midlands.
Every week without fail he is caught up in an incident with stupid drivers doing stupid things generally resulting in an accident. This is mainly on the a14 betwix j1 and Cathorpe, but just lately has extended onto the m6 north betwix Cathorpe and j2.
Tailgating and cutting in are the main cause of this traffic hell yet people seem to think they’re impervious to it and its not until they have a crash and die that they change their behaviours.

Does my bloody head in!

It’s a safe bet that there will be an accident (usually closing it for at least a couple of hours) every day,
I hate that road with a passion, that’s why I avoid it & luckily don’t have to use it much.

Why do ‘So called’ Professional Class 1 Drivers’ have to Tailgate.
I thought our Fantastc Fuzz were supposed to be Nicking these ■■■■■■■ s & removing them from the road.