A14 night closures

Recently seen signs up for the A14 closed from the M1 to junction 2 I think it is. What’s the artic suitable diversion for this for anything up to 16 foot? Had a look on maps and any other major roads would seem to be a very very long diversion.

A couple weeks ago I needed to get to Desborough from Dirft, so I went up to M1 J20, across the A4303 to Market Harborough, and went through the top of Harborough and all was ok. For you, in Harborough town centre, if you turn right at the Abbey st/High st junction, it will take you onto the A508 straight down to J2 of the A14. In Harborough you will see signs for a 13ft bridge, but that’s not on your route, so ignore them.

i think dozy would be best qualified to answer anything regarding the A 14 seeing as he spend his 11 hours overnight there last week in a layby :unamused:

dieseldog999:
i think dozy would be best qualified to answer anything regarding the A 14 seeing as he spend his 11 hours overnight there last week in a layby :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rowley010:
Recently seen signs up for the A14 closed from the M1 to junction 2 I think it is. What’s the artic suitable diversion for this for anything up to 16 foot? Had a look on maps and any other major roads would seem to be a very very long diversion.

M1 down to J15 then A45. Have to do it when going to Raunds from Birmingham. Doesn’t add as much time as you think as most of the A45 is dual carriageway and there’s several laybys usually with space to stop for a 45 if you need one.