A14 matrix signs wrong again!

Just a quick note to the numeracy deficient idiots who do the wording on the matrix signs. ‘A14 closed j24 - j26’ implies that it is open from j26 onwards, at least that’s what I thought as well as the other dozen or so lorries I saw last night trying to join the A14 at j26 at 0150hrs. Furthermore to the Highways Agency staff stood around doing nothing at all (all 5 of you) at j26 why inform people the road is going to open at 0200hrs when at 0220hrs it still wasn’t open? Why is it these signs are so constantly wrong? Why pay out millions to have them installed and operating just to show mis-leading information. Rant over

Norfolknewbie:
Just a quick note to the numeracy deficient idiots who do the wording on the matrix signs. ‘A14 closed j24 - j26’ implies that it is open from j26 onwards, at least that’s what I thought as well as the other dozen or so lorries I saw last night trying to join the A14 at j26 at 0150hrs. Furthermore to the Highways Agency staff stood around doing nothing at all (all 5 of you) at j26 why inform people the road is going to open at 0200hrs when at 0220hrs it still wasn’t open? Why is it these signs are so constantly wrong? Why pay out millions to have them installed and operating just to show mis-leading information. Rant over

I feel your pain mate ,many times before christmas the A1 was closed for night works when it quite clearly it wasn’t ,even my sat nav said it was closed but it wasn’t and on the odd occasion it was actually closed the first clue you had was the increasing number of flashing cones guiding you to the exit .But i felt ok about it because i was reminded to get winter tyres fitted ,or advised not to drink and drive or it would take me 25mins to get to scotch corner, information of vital importance

Norfolknewbie:

I had seen this sign up at 3am and still was flashing closed.

PLEASE call the HAIL line and complain, 0300 123 5000. these messages are set by the NTIC not us. The big bosses think that the NTIC is wonderful, and is about to give them more of the work that we do regionally. I say no more!

its like last December, coming down the A19 out of Teeside and the matrix is telling me the A14 is closed Wtf