A14, m6, m1 work to begin next year BUT

This has now been confirmed today by my paper in rugby highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/19151.aspx anyone else see the problem of what a pointless project if you cannot create access to all directions? The governement minister told rugby observer to save environmental impact they will not allow access in all directions? what a load of bull!

Am I right in thinking that the only real solution to this is for a M6/A14 flyover :question:

They made some changes to that junction about 8 years ago. I used to like it when the (1st) round about was there as you come off the M6, it was fun to watch two trucks trying to go round together, one would end up riding right over the roundabout and there was plenty of tyre marks on it. If you believe in Darwins theory of evolution then they should leave that junction as it is, longterm it could actually improve the standards of driving on the roads.

yes but you need to link the m1 easy if you just create a slip road and use j1 m6 or j1 a14 for the u turns as much traffic generally falls from m6 to a14 and a14 to m1 morth and if you pciture the junction you could change all that very very quick. The proposed plans seem ok but if you want m1 north leaving rugby j1 its the single carriageway to lutterworth and thats bad enough as it is, because its used for access to a5. Why can they not see the simple solution why do they have to make things complicated and the Visual environmental impact as a excuse come on does anyone really care aslong as its fixed?

If there was a flyover, would that allow the other traffic to flow quicker as the cross flow would be reduced :question:

Is there much traffic that goes M1 south to M6 north or M6 south to M1 north :question:
If no, would that then allow A14 to M1 & M6 north an almost free passage :question:

if it aint broke do,nt fix it :unamused: