A14 junc 10 -7 night closures ??

Start back on my regular run tomorrow after a month off after an operation.

I travel from Peterboro’ to Nuneaton in the early hours each night and have been told the A14 is closed between juncs 10-7 for the next 3 weeks.

Looked on Highways Agency site and says it will start mid April.

Does anyone know when exactly it is shut?

Thought I’d ask on here as I’m more likely to get a reliable answer.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

A14 to be closed for resurfacing

Hope this helps you

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryPublished Date: 13 February 2009
A14 roadworks will see parts of the carriageway closed overnight.
Resurfacing starts on the road between Junction 3 at the Rothwell bypass and Junction 7 at Kettering on Monday, March 2, and is expected to take about five weeks to complete.

The roadworks will get under way from 8pm to 6am Monday to Thursday nights, 9pm to 8am on Friday nights and 7pm to 10am on Saturday nights and could also take place from 9pm to 6am on Sunday nights.

It will see the eastbound and westbound carriageways closed between Junction 2 and 7, although only one carriageway will be closed at any time. Westbound will be closed from March 2 to March 13, and eastbound from March 14 to March 28.

Long distance traffic heading west will be diverted at Thrapston at Junction 13, to join the A45 to Junction 15 of the M1. Eastbound traffic will be directed on to the M1 to Junction 15, following the A45 and then rejoining the A14 at Junction 13.

A bit different to what I was told, not that it makes much difference.
Thanks for taking the trouble in posting good info. Glad I asked.

Thanking You. :smiley:

Came that way myself last week (joined via a6) and have to pass the info. to others. The signs definitely read Jcns 7-3 closed for 3 weeks from 2nd Mar (Westbound), yet here it now says until 13th March which I make 1…er, um…2 weeks. :unamused:

Wished they’d get these [zb] things right :exclamation: Do I now tell the others it’s 2 weeks with the possibility it will still be closed or stick with the original 3 weeks as signed with the possibility it would’ve been open after all. :question: :confused:

Here is the full transcript it does say they have allowed an extra week for the work to be done to allow for bad weather etc

A £2.5m scheme to replace the worn out road surface on both sides of the A14 between Junction 3 for Rothwell and Junction 7 for Kettering, Northamptonshire, will start on the evening of Monday, 2 March and be complete by Friday, 3 April.
The work will provide an improved road surface providing a smoother, quieter journey for motorists and reduced noise levels for adjacent properties.

The resurfacing work and drainage repairs will take place during the night and will require eastbound and westbound carriageway closures with a full diversion route in place.

The work will take place in four phases:

Phase one: Monday 2 March to Monday 9 March - resurfacing on the westbound carriageway between J7 and J3.

Phase two: Tuesday 10 March to Friday 13 March - resurfacing on the westbound carriageway through J3. (Note the resurfacing does not extend to J2)

Phase three: Saturday 14 March to Tuesday 17 March - resurfacing on the eastbound carriageway through J3. (Note the resurfacing does not extend to J2)

Phase four: Wednesday 18 March to Saturday 28 March - resurfacing on the eastbound carriageway between J3 and J7.

Hours of work will be between 8pm and 6am on Monday to Thursday nights, 9pm to 8am on Friday nights and 7pm to 10am on Saturday nights. If Sunday night working is needed the hours will be 9pm to 6am.

As the work is dependent on suitable weather, a contingency of one extra week of work has been included in the schedule.

For the westbound closures, the carriageway will be closed at J13 for Thrapston and all traffic diverted from the carriageway. Local traffic will be able to rejoin the A14 and through traffic will be directed to the A45. There will either be a closure between J7 and J3 or a closure between J3 and J2. Through traffic will be diverted off the A14 at J13 for Thrapston, onto the A45 to J15 of the M1 at Northampton. Traffic will then be directed northbound to continue their journeys at J19.

The eastbound closure will be signed for through traffic on the M1, with traffic being directed to remain on the motorway and follow the diversion route. There will either be a closure between J3 and J7 or between J2 and J3. Local traffic wishing to join the A14 from Kettering or Rothwell will follow diversions via Corby or Market Harborough. Through traffic will follow the same diversion route as the westbound route, in the opposite direction.

There will be a 50mph speed restriction on the westbound carriageway at J13 to help traffic leave the A14, a 50mph limit if lane two is closed on the opposite carriageway to the main closure, and another 50mph speed limit on the J4 westbound exit slip road for approximately three weeks.

Highways Agency project manager Nick Cook said: “This resurfacing will provide an improved, quieter surface for all drivers and reduce road noise for those living locally. Although we are carrying out this work during the night when traffic flows are less, road users should allow extra time for their journeys as a diversion route will be in place while this essential work takes place.”

The full article contains 537 words and appears in n/a newspaper.Page 1 of 1

Last Updated: 24 February 2009 2:55 PM
Source: n/a