A14 early

Just announced on local TV that the A14 project will finish 6 months early.

Call me cynical, but would this be opening early, so any problems can be fixed by overnight works therefore not getting the contractors fined for not being on schedule.

One of my drivers was heading back up north from east london and was supposed to use the m11, a14, a1. He rang me up and asked if there were any problems before he sat off.

One or two I said. Hows the a14 he asked.

Pointless I said. You cant get off the a14 onto the a1 because the slip roads are closed, you’ll end up on the m1!

And all this after the big fanfare at getting it open a year early.

It’ll go on the long, long list of roads that are still being closed years after they’re supposed to be finished.

Nite Owl:
One of my drivers was heading back up north from east london and was supposed to use the m11, a14, a1. He rang me up and asked if there were any problems before he sat off.

One or two I said. Hows the a14 he asked.

Pointless I said. You cant get off the a14 onto the a1 because the slip roads are closed, you’ll end up on the m1!

And all this after the big fanfare at getting it open a year early.

It’ll go on the long, long list of roads that are still being closed years after they’re supposed to be finished.

It was open M11 south to get on new A14 then A1 N,sl Brampton hut was a total foook up, trying to get onto A14 wb.from A1N.
Slip road shut, so up to Alconbury back down to Brampton hut, then up to racecourse, back up and down to Brampton hut,

biggriffin:
Call me cynical, but would this be opening early, so any problems can be fixed by overnight works therefore not getting the contractors fined for not being on schedule.

Opened but not completed, do a half arsed job and then shut it every night for the next 5 years to do it properly.

“We opened early look how amazing we are. No, no, just ignore the fact the closures are worse than ever.”

Original opening was end of 2020 so 6 months early is still quite a way off.

They’ll still ■■■■ it up though probably. I remember the M6 J11-13 stretch opening then it was closed every night for 2 weeks 1 month later.

Terry T:
Original opening was end of 2020 so 6 months early is still quite a way off.

They’ll still [zb] it up though probably. I remember the M6 J11-13 stretch opening then it was closed every night for 2 weeks 1 month later.

M1 J23a - 25 still being closed one year after completion.

M62 J18 -20 still being closed 2 years after completion.

It seems like they’re just not capable of building roads anymore!