A14 closed at felixstowe

Been a nasty accident at trimley. 1 dead

ipswichstar.co.uk/news/updat … 1_1488002#

Updated photos now on the evening star website. not a nice sight. click the link in post above. rip to the driver.

Not a pretty site that one, sympathies to the families involved.

Was up there only a few hours ago, before any blame starts getting chucked about maybe this will encourage people to stick to the limits on this road.

andi_cardiff:

Was up there only a few hours ago, before any blame starts getting chucked about maybe this will encourage people to stick to the limits on this road.

Don’t understand your comment. Two lorries one car. The female car driver was killed and one of the two male truck drivers has been arrested on suspicion Of causing death by dangerous driving. Are you suggesting that it was the car drivers fault through speeding?

And if so why has the truck driver been arrested?

Jamieg:

andi_cardiff:

Don’t understand your comment. Two lorries one car. The female car driver was killed and one of the two male truck drivers has been arrested on suspicion Of causing death by dangerous driving. Are you suggesting that it was the car drivers fault through speeding?

Dead men/ women TELL NO LIES! NEITHER DO TACHOS! HGV drivers will always get ARRESTED because it makes the police feel important! They have to blame someone! Accidents happen! R.I.P lady car driver! Sincere condolences other family and friends!

Jamieg:

In most fatal accidents drivers are arrested, whether car or LGV, mainly for evidence.

Fatboy slimslow:

Jamieg:

andi_cardiff:

Dead men/ women TELL NO LIES! NEITHER DO TACHOS! HGV drivers will always get ARRESTED because it makes the police feel important! They have to blame someone! Accidents happen! R.I.P lady car driver! Sincere condolences other family and friends!

No they arrested him because he probably ran into the rear of a vehicle in front of him, automatically to blame.
Update is another passenger in the car has lost his fight for life from this incident.
Also 3 separate Truck incidents happened on that road at about the same time in the space of about 2 and a half miles.
RIP to them both.

It didn’t look good but suprised people died although I didn’t really look on the way past it. Old bill will be all over that road now, theres far, far to many accidents.

Word on the street is that the punto wanted the trimley exit. lady driver missed it and decided to stop. the scania had no chance and hit her.

r slicker:
Word on the street is that the punto wanted the trimley exit. lady driver missed it and decided to stop. the scania had no chance and hit her.

Fingers crossed thats the case and not because the lorry driver was being a prat. It was very close to that exit, thinking about it now one of the lorries looked like it went to the nearside kerb on the nearside of the car, i assume that lorry tried to aviod her but clipped it then car must of spun around then got hit by the second lorry? I havnt read anything about it but going for what i saw and you say about it.

r slicker:

That’s why people jump to conclusions about truck drivers! I’m in Manchester and I can’t see down the A14! :grimacing: dead men/ women tell no lies as I posted above! Neither do tachos! Rip to those who’ve lost their lives! ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN! Professional HGV 1 drivers don’t go out in their JUGGERNAUTS and kill people on purpose! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

r slicker:

That’s why people jump to conclusions about truck drivers! I’m in Manchester and I can’t see down the A14! :grimacing: dead men/ women tell no lies as I posted above! Neither do tachos! Rip to those who’ve lost their lives! ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN! Professional HGV 1 drivers don’t go out in their JUGGERNAUTS and kill people on purpose! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Sorry! Double post! :laughing:

Yet again an accident caused NO sorry not helped by the POLICE, And i say this as it all started when a hgv had broken down in the middle lane at the end of the A14 at the light’s on roundabout, But when i came past it at about 1315 there was no queue and everbody was getting round it no problem as there was a lane open each side of it!!!
But when a mate of mine came past no more than 30 mins later there was a queue because the POLICE had turned up and it only got worse and the above happened,

How often have we seen this before■■?

I feel so sorry for ALL involved and hope lesson’s can be learnt!!!

ajdaf:
Yet again an accident caused NO sorry not helped by the POLICE, And i say this as it all started when a hgv had broken down in the middle lane at the end of the A14 at the light’s on roundabout, But when i came past it at about 1315 there was no queue and everbody was getting round it no problem as there was a lane open each side of it!!!
But when a mate of mine came past no more than 30 mins later there was a queue because the POLICE had turned up and it only got worse and the above happened,

How often have we seen this before■■?

I feel so sorry for ALL involved and hope lesson’s can be learnt!!!

Yeah i can kind of agree there.

r slicker:

similar thing happended to me on the that stretch of road,i had only been driving 2 weeks & car driver approx 40 metres in front of me decides to slam on his brakes as he saw some baby pheasants at side of road & thought there were going to cross,i slammed all on,abs on truck but not on trailer,couldn’t swerve due to traffic at side of me,so i hit him.destroyed the car & lucky not to kill him & his wife.he got charged with driving without due care.i was on hand written charts as tacho had packed,was on my way home sat morning after 3 days away.charts were ok.cops were pretty good & just wanted outfit moved asap.never heard anything from it except to go to court to give evidence.

rip the victims…

jrl driver:

r slicker:

similar thing happended to me on the that stretch of road,i had only been driving 2 weeks & car driver approx 40 metres in front of me decides to slam on his brakes as he saw some baby pheasants at side of road & thought there were going to cross,i slammed all on,abs on truck but not on trailer,couldn’t swerve due to traffic at side of me,so i hit him.destroyed the car & lucky not to kill him & his wife.he got charged with driving with due care.i was on hand written charts as tacho had packed,was on my way home sat morning after 3 days away.charts were ok.cops were pretty good & just wanted outfit moved asap.never heard anything from it except to go to court to give evidence.

rip the victims…

In a situation like this a roadhawk camera would provide vital evidence and hopefully lead the authorities to the correct conclusion of this sad event.

rip those involved.

Trimley exit.jpg

This could prove to be the deciding factor in this accident. a camera right on the exit.