A14 Accident/Road Closure 8/8/13

Hey Peeps

Just wondering if anybody can help me out here. I heard yesterday(Thursday, 4pm ish) about an accident on the A14 by Kelmarsh. I wasn’t tuned in to Radio 2 for most of the day so didn’t hear any reports.

Roughly where was the incident? (want to see if it was avoidable)
Does anbody know what time it happened and when did it re-open?
Did it just close/delay the one side of the carriageway or was it completely closed.

I just have a few issues with work about yesterday that’s all. Any help appreciated. :slight_smile:

wasn’t it a lorry fire?

CoolHand:
Hey Peeps

Just wondering if anybody can help me out here. I heard yesterday(Thursday, 4pm ish) about an accident on the A14 by Kelmarsh. I wasn’t tuned in to Radio 2 for most of the day so didn’t hear any reports.

Did it just close/delay the one side of the carriageway or was it completely closed.

I just have a few issues with work about yesterday that’s all. Any help appreciated. :slight_smile:

why who are you CSI.
you seem to want to know a hell of a lot for someone that is not connected to what actually happened.
and just out of curiosity, if it was avoidable, what are you going to do about it?

Now then coolhand, seems to me your either a driver looking for an excuse as to why you didn’t get somewhere by a certain time because you were knocking one out in a layby/sleeping or you may be a sneaky, underhand office cretin who doesn’t believe his driver when he said he got caught up in this.
Which is it?

CoolHand:
Hey Peeps

West bound carriage way was closed till about midnight, east bound was reopened a lot earlier, it would only be avoidable if you didn’t want to get on the M6, the routes to get to the M6 were chocker.

Badobsession:
Now then coolhand, seems to me your either a driver looking for an excuse as to why you didn’t get somewhere by a certain time because you were knocking one out in a layby/sleeping or you may be a sneaky, underhand office cretin who doesn’t believe his driver when he said he got caught up in this.
Which is it?

'Twas my first thought

Lol I’m going with the office cretin

Cheers Weeto. You’re a star :smiley:

The reason was, I had some of my load taken off of me the night before, as it happened it could’ve all fitted on so I got questioned as to why I did not take it. Boss man was very angry, which is fair enough. I said I couldn’t find it etc. I’m not even sure it was ready when I left but am being told it was (which I’m trying to find out, currently pointing to it not being ready when I was there). Reason being our team leader had to take it out and I don’t think he likes me and would probably stir up ■■■■ if he could. As it took him a while I just wondered if he could’ve tried to avoid the hold up.

I’m not some CSI/Police agent or an office cretin. Lol, funny being accused though. So pardon me for not wanting to take the flack for something I possibly couldn’t do anything about.

Oooh still not sure what time roughly it happened… anybody? :slight_smile: