A12 today

Does anyone know anything about the accident at Boreham today on the A12?. I hear an artic collided with a tractor, if so, that’s the second time this year that’s happened on that stretch of the A12. I cant find anything online about it, but i got caught in the traffic earlier and couldn’t see anything when i came off at Boreham INterchange

It was a truck vs tractor and trailer with bales on. Different place to the last one but same sort of incident.
I guess the bales were blocking the single amber light that was flashing away at the front of the tractor :cry:
My brother went past opposite way, and said one lane closed, traffic about 2 miles long and a cab had come off. Not sure if it was the truck or trailer cab? Bad phone line.
He said he would not be surprised if there was a fatality but with the road remaning open I guess not. Hope no-one was too badly injured as you can be lucky and walk away :confused:

Nasty. I know the last one was a few miles up near Witham. The cab came of off the Artic unit that time, sounds exactly the same has happened again. Hope all are ok.

a12 is bad enough, tractors should be banned from dual carraigeways

I did my HG V training at Chelmsford, and drove the A12 during my training and test. I have to say that as roads go, the combination of Tractors and Trucks would appear not to work.
Having been both a tractor driver, and more recently a truck driver, I would have a certain agreement with the statement “… tractors should be banned…”. But look at it like this. If you drive down any country or rural lane in a tractor you are far, far, far more likely to have a serious road crash with the speed car drivers - often not paying attention to the road, more to the SATNAV, travel around Rural Britain. I have had several, including being hit from the rear by a driver who thought I was moving when in fact I was stationary turning right at a T junction. A man who was reading a map as he drove round a bend near to where I work. He didnt see me at all - never braked. I guy whom I know was hit in a Combine by a chap who was on his mobile, writing notes when he met the combine on a bend at around 1030pm one night.

Only 2 months ago, a tractor driver died on the A419 when hit by an Iceland Artic. A combine driver died about 3 years ago when hit on the A40 at Ross, by a speeding Irish Tractor and fridge. He was on a purpose left slip lane at the time.
The rule stipulates trailers on Agric tractors must carry flashing beacons visable 360 deg to all traffic. Im afraid my former industry dont adheer to this. But we as truck drivers have to be responsible too.

Banned or made to use the minor roads■■?
Too often there are loads of amber and white lights at the front and nothing on the rear, whats that all about as it doesn’t help. If they are to use dual carriageways they should be well lit !!! Not an excuse to drive into them but decent amberson the rear would help.

As long as the numptys in recovery vehicles turned theirs OFF when towing a loaded lorry or pick up at 56mph and no danger to anyone as they whizz past everyone. But thats another topic !!

I drove past this about lunch time, the Farmers tractor was about 20m in the hedge then the Scania (container Trl) just past that, half on the road and half off with the cab completly detached !!
The trl for the Tractor was about 50m further down the road facing the wrong way on the hard shoulder.
This did not look good at all, hope that all involved are ok, and for Gods sake get those bloody Tractors OFF Dual Carrigways!!!

sounds nasty. anyone know who recovery was?

There is a minority of tractor drivers who don’t have suitable beacons or any at all and the full weight of the law should be brought to bear on them.