A12 plans to be brought forward

I’m sure this has been discussed before on here at some point, but the plans to ban Lorries overtaking at certain areas of the A12 are being brought forwards, with a trial starting this year, including one at the Boreham Interchange in both directions

We are also getting the UK’s first Non Motorway Highway Patrol Team. Fun Times ahead…

do,nt you just love the a12 spend months and millions upgrading the kelvedon stretch result? yeah it,s still only got 2 lanes what the [zb] :question: :question:

The best one was when they started the Roadworks at Hatfield Perveral just before Christmas a few years back, needlesss to say it was carnage.

i live 2 minutes off the Boreham Interchange, if there’s one thing they need to change it’s those bloody roundabouts at the slip roads, and change the lanes from 3 to 2, no git seems to know what lane to be in.

thisistotalessex.co.uk/lates … ticle.html

There’s the ‘Crack Team’ story, it’s quite old, but has been mentioned agin in this weeks paper

I cant find the story about the ban being brought fowards online anywhere

n17 trucker:
do,nt you just love the a12 spend months and millions upgrading the kelvedon stretch result? yeah it,s still only got 2 lanes what the [zb] :question: :question:

It’s a lovely smooth road now though, just as good as the bit along from the end of the bypass to Marks Tey, shame they couldn’t do the half mile or so to join both bits up and resurface the crappiest bit of road in Essex.

8wheels:

n17 trucker:

It’s a lovely smooth road now though, just as good as the bit along from the end of the bypass to Marks Tey, shame they couldn’t do the half mile or so to join both bits up and resurface the crappiest bit of road in Essex.

yeah i,ll give you that do,nt spill my tea no more lol one question if it,s gonna be a trial no overtaking zone. does that mean you can just ignore it :laughing: :laughing:

I cant see many sticking to it, especially in the mornings when you get traffic queing up onto the A12 from the slip road sometimes, Ipswich bound. It goes into 3 lanes just after anyway, so seems pretty pointless to me.

Why they dont just turn it into a motorway is beyond me.

What difference will it make? Everytime I go on the A12 both lanes are only doing about 15mph anyway. :unamused: :unamused: