A12 Fatal accident - lethal layby

Another fatal accident today on the A12 two trucks involved one fatality.

I never stop in these narrow laybys, only the ones with a separate in out slip lane. RIP to the driver involved.

R.I.P Tom Rowland, our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends. God Bless you all. Liz and Terry.

I saw the aftermath coming home via Galleywood over the A12 bridge. It was not a nice sight seeing the recovery work.

I didn’t even hear on the radio that someone had paid with their life for some reason?!?! :frowning:

I just heard it had been closed for quite a few hours while working in London, which is never a good sign. :frowning:

My sincere thoughts to the family and friends of the dead gentleman at this sad time.

Some may say these laybys need upgrading across the UK. I’d be one of them! It’s not right to expect everyone to join a full speed live carriageway from standstill, you can’t do it well in a car, let alone a zb lorry after having to take your tacho break! Why is it so hard for the HA or local authorities to realise these simple facts. :angry:

C

Does anyone know what happened? And what company the driver worked for? Sounds very sad, i got caught up in this earlier.

Saaamon:
Does anyone know what happened? And what company the driver worked for? Sounds very sad, i got caught up in this earlier.

This is one of them so people posting a pic rip on it
flickr.com/photos/truck_phot … /lightbox/

Very sad time for truckers

Rip Tom Trucking heavens highways

youtube.com/watch?v=c8y7whpWzVA
In memory of a great guy.

More information
essexchronicle.co.uk/A12-lor … story.html

RIP, my condolences to family and friends.

Tragic :frowning: RIP fella. Keep Her Lit up there.

RIP fella.
Loved his wagon for sure.
Nice tribute video.

R I P another sad loss condolences to all the people friends and family it looked like he really enjoyed the trucking life

A l c:
R I P another sad loss condolences to all the people friends and family it looked like he really enjoyed the trucking life

Looked like he really enjoyed life in general, RIP young un. :frowning:

RIP Tom , seen him at truckfest last weekend , condolences to his family,

That was some impact. R.i.p young man, gone to soon

gloucestershireecho.co.uk/Tr … story.html

Our toughts are with all of Tom’s family and friends and especialy Sian.