A10 leval crossing

1st is there any camera ar the crossing on the section down from kings Lyn toward the a14 and 2nd if you did go across just after the red stated flashing is it a fixed pen 3 pointer mate of mate went through just about level with lights and they went red and the warning siren started but he was to late to stop

your mate should be ok as he was on the start of the crossing when they went red as you stated so he could not have possibly stopped in time,your mates mate should dispute the fixed penalty if he gets one through the post

If “Your Mate” went over the white line while the light was red (Any part of the vehicle) then he can get a ticket or even a summons for dangerous driving

Lots of cameras have now been set up for this easy money maker.

trubster:
If “Your Mate” went over the white line while the light was red (Any part of the vehicle) then he can get a ticket or even a summons for dangerous driving

I certainly wouldn’t call cameras on railway crossings a cash cow. :unamused: :open_mouth:
I totally agree with them, to stop numpty car drivers and D-head pedestrians trying to beat the train at the last minute, just before it arrives. Why do people put their lives at risk just to save themselves the inconvenience of having to wait about 5 minutes. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
As for the opening post, if they had only just started flashing then surely no problems, they give you an ample amount of time to get across before the barriers come down, but if they had been flashing for some time as “your mates mates mate” was approaching and he still went across, then more fool him and he deserves a fine/points etc., not only could that be endangering his life, but also the lives of the passengers on the train.

pierrot 14:

trubster:

I certainly wouldn’t call cameras on railway crossings a cash cow. :unamused: :open_mouth:
I totally agree with them, to stop numpty car drivers and D-head pedestrians trying to beat the train at the last minute, just before it arrives. Why do people put their lives at risk just to save themselves the inconvenience of having to wait about 5 minutes. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
As for the opening post, if they had only just started flashing then surely no problems, they give you an ample amount of time to get across before the barriers come down, but if they had been flashing for some time as “your mates mates mate” was approaching and he still went across, then more fool him and he deserves a fine/points etc., not only could that be endangering his life, but also the lives of the passengers on the train.

Sorry, I agree 100%, I did not mean to refer to them as a cash cow. The “Amber Gamblers” and jumpers deserve to be done 100%.

The light is on amber for at least 4 seconds then if you go over any part of the line with any part of the vehicle then you are done, simples.

youtube.com/watch?v=TOLjgL4SVz8 This driver deserves a long spell in prison

And these idiots… youtube.com/watch?v=F0Y3Cp7owIQ

Any fixed cameras are normally seen easily enough, theres one roughly in the centre of this picture.

s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/02/ … 4ba725.jpg

They also do temporary ones, but your mate would probably have noticed the van sitting.

I’m aware of a local lass getting done by a camera van (at a local crossing that can be down for a while, so people are more likely to jump it) but she never mentioned the ins and outs of what she had done.

I don’t think any of us object to waiting for five minutes, but I would object to actually being on the crossing, and then the lights decide to go red and flash after I’ve already committed… It takes a few seconds to get over the damned tracks with all the uneven bumps and all, so chances are you’re not going over very fast at all!

Tickets in my mind should be reserved for those drivers who weave around the down-coming barriers. :wink:

I use the A10 very often as am based in kings lynn, and I only presume we’re talking about the (not so) level crossing Littleport, just after a roundabout?

If so there is a camera but it’s not painted yellow and when I’ve looked whilst waiting at the gates going the other way it doesn’t seem to have ever worked! very dirty and never seen a flash installed either!

It’s very easy at that particular level crossing to get caught tho as if you are at 44tonne and use that road often you’ll know its very bumpy therefore dangerous (in my opinion) any faster than 20mph! Therefore you could easily cross white line and by time your trailer exits the crossing the lights have gone from nothing to Amber then to Red!

Thanks all spoke to hm earlier and h said he didn’t think the amber even come on but then I supose it cold have been dirty