A1 yesterday-Rant

Firstly.I make no apology for what I’m about to write,and if the moderators see fit to remove it,then do so.However…

Coming up the A1 yesterday from Bury St.Edmunds with my mate,We were passing J16 at Peterboro’,when overtaking us at a fair rate of knots,was a rather badly loaded/driven artic from Bedfords at Birstall,near Leeds.

As I was on the phone to my mate at the time,hands free of course,we both commented on the way the tail was wagging the dog,to such an extent,that any traffic was frightened of passing him.It seemed as though he was carrying liquids in tanks/drums,and all the weight was at the back.

I then phoned Cambridgeshire police on the cab phone,and told them the situation,to which they replied that by the time they had got a car out,he would be in Lincolnshire,but they would pass the details on.We continued on our way,watching the way the trailer was weaving from side to side,to such apoint he was using 2 lanes up,and the backlog was getting worse.

Further up the A1,my mate rang Lincolnshire police,and explained the situation,and they too said they would send a car out.Eventually,our bonehead compatriot,pulled off into the layby just after the A607 split,to which another driver followed him into said layby,and we continued on our merry way.

So my rant is as follows:

To the Bedfords driver of the Iveco,reg no: [That bit goes. Sorry. K]?,you are a disgrace to the profession,and should have your licence revoked immediately.You showed a total disregard for anyone else’s safety.You are a total ■■■■■■.

To the police forces of Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.I can’t believe I pay my taxes for you to sit on your fat arses,when people’s lives are at risk,however,if I,or anyone else were to travel 1mph over the speed limit,you can bet you would sharp be there to prosecute us.

Rant over.

Ken.

As you’ve got all the details why don’t you write a letter of complaint to the company and the relevant police forces?

…ALFY…

ohterry555:
…ALFY…

The letter of complaint is already in hand,as my mates wife just happens to be a former constabule of the West Yorkshire force,so knows the procedure for making sure it gets there.

Ken.