A1 speed cameras

jon boy 100:
why do you have to drive slowly over a single axle weigher.if you drive too fast it can not calulate your weight :question:

also a moving vehicle would not give its true weight due to the laws of gravity :exclamation:

we will see if there are any prosecutions,as there are bound to be wagons over weight out there :exclamation:

only time will tell :exclamation:

jon

Have you ever known the authorities play fair :confused: Normally you drive over the scales slowly because of the sensitive components inside, weighbridges rock, again they need to be treat sensibly to avoid damage to the mechanisms, they also require calibrating regularly to ensure they have not lost their accuracy.

They don’t have to be that accurate either. They only have to be able to tell the difference beween over or under 7.5t. As the computerised speed cameras work on number-plate recognition and so have access to the DVLA records,coaches etc won’t be done where as 10 tonners will be. The Truvelo and Gatso’s all need human input and they also have access to the DVLA records. In theory people who are driving below the speed limit for a light vehicle, but are over the limit for a heavy, in their light goods vehicle shouldn’t get done. If they do get a summons they can still write and explain the circumstances so that they don’t get done in the end.

Have a look before you get to Beatock or South Cave or generally any Ministry weighbridge you will see these loops in the tarmac. They dont have to be accurate, they are a guide to the copper so he knows who to pull, I know someone will say they have been pulled when they were empty but generally that is what they use.

The reason for driving over a weighbridge slowly and steadily is so you get a true weight. You can drive over them fast but if it wont weigh properly they will send you over again. If you drive over too slow and jerky it will give a false reading too.

Does it really matter? It is you who will get fined if you are over the top

one job I dislike doing, when I work in the transport office, is when the head office contact us asking who was driving what truck at what time etc, because all the NIPs go to the head office, and I have to give them the info so the NIPs get forwarded to the driver, its 1 job i truely dislike doing, knowing that a driver is gonna get a speeding ticket.

and since its wednesday today, thats 2 people since monday so far this week who are gonna get speeding fines. how many more does it take before drivers learn to look after their licence■■?

one though I did enjoy doing, was the senior transport manager (who`s just left) who gave incorrect info after being flashed in his company car, so later I double checked, and forwarded the right info, serve him right for being an horrible git :smiley:

one though I did enjoy doing, was the senior transport manager (who`s just left) who gave incorrect info after being flashed in his company car, so later I double checked, and forwarded the right info, serve him right for being an horrible git

you mean you got pleasure out of doing this :wink:

shame on you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No I don`t get pleasure out of the ordinary driver getting the ticket. and I usually speak to the driver 1st to ask them to confirm that the info that it was them is correct, which most will put their hands up to doing.

but since the transport manager was the typical “little hitler” he deserved it, as he held out giving the wrong name,address till 2 days before he left. so after a quiet word with a few of the drivers, it was decided to correct things, majoriity decision by the truck drivers, not mine alone

Wheel Nut:
Have a look before you get to Beatock or South Cave or generally any Ministry weighbridge you will see these loops in the tarmac. They dont have to be accurate, they are a guide to the copper so he knows who to pull, I know someone will say they have been pulled when they were empty but generally that is what they use.

if they are to do you automaticly as was surgessed by dave they would have to be accurate in order to prosecute you

i agree they could give some rough idea of the weight ,but to churn out automatic tickets on the roadside i cant see it.

if it warned the police/vosa down the road that you were iffy and they take you to a weightbridge, fair cop. :cry:

jon

but since the transport manager was the typical "little hitler

peirre, it was the transport manager i was talking about,not the normal drivers. i was taking the mick ( joking ) :laughing: :laughing:

20 years ago who could see speed cameras,just because someone cant see it happening do`nt mean it will not happen.

fear not though, as friday 2nd is my last day in the job, so i won`t have to feel guilty about passing on speeding tickets.

fear not though, as friday 2nd is my last day in the job, so i won`t have to feel guilty about passing on speeding tickets.

someone has to do the job,may it be you or someone else, its not your fault they got caught speeding :wink: