A1 speed camera

Hi There.

Now i dont know the area well so ill try and give as much info as I can.
I left scotland enroute to newcastle heading south last night 1ish.
Id Just gone past Berwick i came to a pub with a Truckpark next to it?

Anyway there is a speed camera bang in the middle.
I went threw at 46 and bang…it flashed!Now no know its my fault

Is this a hgv sensor one?

Cheers.micky

could be an ANPR one

Lesson learned - 40 on SC in future … yes?

ROG:
could be an ANPR one

Too rite.Thing is i had a army following and just to keep things rolling i wnet from 40 to 46.
Never again.

Yes that one is set up for hgv detections. In fact nearly all Scottish GATSO cameras are.

If they send you a ticket you can take a speed awareness course, or pay the £100 fine

Edit. Yes I know it’s not in Scotland.

Sounds like purdy lodge which is a truck stop. Either that or the services before it but both are set for trucks. They all are on the SC sections on the A1

All the A1 s/c cameras north of Berwick are set for hgvs. No speeding course either, 3 points and 60 pound fine.

merc0447:
All the A1 s/c cameras north of Berwick are set for hgvs. No speeding course either, 3 points and 60 pound fine.

And all the ones south get set at whatever speed the woman that sets em at

I came down from Edinburgh last week and wasn’t flashed. I wasn’t doing 40 in some places. :open_mouth:

merc0447:

So long as it is not north of the border a course should be offered, providing one hasn’t been done in the last 3 years.

trubster:

merc0447:

So long as it is not north of the border a course should be offered, providing one hasn’t been done in the last 3 years.

True, I got flashed at 44 by the one at Purdy Lodge and attended a course in Newark.

ROG:
could be an ANPR one

Great advice from someone who don,t or can,t drive for a living !! What a ■■■■ and i didn,t know you could get flashed by an anpr camera ?

He’s probably forgotten more than you’ll ever know. :laughing:

There are two settings for these ■■■■■■■ things.
A set trigger point for car speed and a set trigger point for HGV’s.
As far as I know all Gatso’s are capable of triggering HGV’s on national limit SC. aka 40mph.
We have 2 down our way on the A30, Roseworthy dip. HGV’s will set them off at 45+.
There was a thread here somewhere showing inside the back of one with the 2 adjustments for the 2 vehicles.

bigvern1:

More than bloody likely! :laughing: :laughing:

I am heading that way tomorrow so thanks for the heads up

mickyblue:
I am heading that way tomorrow so thanks for the heads up

Your welcome mate! And they work, seen it first hand a few times over the years for unsuspecting foreign wagon drivers! Seen a National Express coach get flashed by the eastbound one aswel.
I also treat all the rest the same like the ones on the A38 near Saltash. Limit is 50 but no one really knows if HGV’s will set them off over 44 ish, who knows?!

bigvern1:

Really he comes across as a right bell end who doesn’t drive hgvs’ a bit like you.

DUFFMAN:

bigvern1:

Really he comes across as a right bell end who doesn’t drive hgvs’ a bit like you.

Time of the month dearie?

DUFFMAN:

bigvern1:

Ha ha…zzzzzzzzzzzz

haha!

get the tampons out its heavy bleed time :laughing: