A1 Southbound past Ferrybride today

What was going on on the A1 going south from where it mets the M62? As I was coming back to Huddersfield just before the Ferrybridge turn off all I could see was lines of traffic stretching into the distance on the A1. Anyone know whats was going down?

Radar19:
What was going on on the A1 going south from where it mets the M62? As I was coming back to Huddersfield just before the Ferrybridge turn off all I could see was lines of traffic stretching into the distance on the A1. Anyone know whats was going down?

It’s called Friday afternoon. Somebody probably got over excited (see Martiviking’s post) and made a boo boo. Nothing out of the ordinary.

It’s always nackerd there on a Friday usually starts about 12 lol , should be 3 lanes imo

To be fair it’s the same every afternoon from about 4 o’clock, although Friday usually starts around midday.

Where’s Ferrybride ?
(Mr Big Fingers, lol)

It is like this most Fridays … it is often from Ferrybridge ( where it goes down to 2 lanes ) all the way to M18 split.
I have been known to go onto M62 / M18 … back onto A1 M South @ Doncaster … it is about 9km longer & adds about 15 - 20 mins depending if you get a decent run. Also done this coming North if it busy.

i got stuck in it going north as well, on the plus side though i,ve never been sat alongside so much totty in my life, short skirts,skirts pulled right up, flashes of knickers,bikini tops, i think i,ve seen just about everything there is to see this week :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Haha - you guys have it easy. When the A1 went over the old bridge - that’s the old one under the newer one that has been bypassed now, we really used to get jams.

The Rustler:
It is like this most Fridays … it is often from Ferrybridge ( where it goes down to 2 lanes ) all the way to M18 split.
I have been known to go onto M62 / M18 … back onto A1 M South @ Doncaster … it is about 9km longer & adds about 15 - 20 mins depending if you get a decent run. Also done this coming North if it busy.

Im with you on that rustler,started doing the same thing about a month since :sunglasses:

chaversdad:
i got stuck in it going north as well, on the plus side though i,ve never been sat alongside so much totty in my life, short skirts,skirts pulled right up, flashes of knickers,bikini tops, i think i,ve seen just about everything there is to see this week :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Sod dashcams pointing forward this weather should be facing into the lane next to you plenty of totty for viewing pleasure :grimacing:

seth 70:

The Rustler:

Im with you on that rustler,started doing the same thing about a month since :sunglasses:

Don’t know why more folks don’t do this … when I first did this, I thought “jeez, it’s miles out of my way” :unamused: … now, enjoy flying round there :wink: :laughing: :laughing: