A1 Southbound near Colsterworth Accident 5/12 0430ish

I saw a truck in the ditch (Pulling a 40ft container) and the cab was on fire. The fire brigade was there and it made me think how dangerous either tiredness or the wind can be if it blows you into a field and your cab sets alight.

Any idea if the driver got out? It sure would be one hell of a bad way to go.

Trucks seem to be catching fire post accident more regularly than in a Hollywood car chase. Are we sacrificing safety to benefit the green movement?

Apparently the truck crashed yesterday morning but didn’t catch until this morning! A mate who was passing reckons that the fire was being “helped” by a couple of guys in a nearby parked van.

It was gone by time I passed at 5.30

I’m sure I saw one around there yesterday morning, probably about 5 ish :question:

Where did I read an article that said the chances of a Euro 6 catching fire in the event of an accident seemed to be higher than any other Euro class motor ?

midlifetrucker:
It was gone by time I passed at 5.30

Still there buddy. I passed it at 14.30 this afternoon (Saturday) unit burned out, container apparently I damaged but back doors open with load exposed.

It was dark ;0)

I saw one in there Friday 2pm Renault premium with container on back

If night worker regs were applied this wouldn’t happen…no doubt another agency slaughter.lucky this time if members of the publicxwerent involved

I imagine the a1 will be totally locked down to recover it, couple rotators on nb and 2 on the sb working together, looked to be carrying car tyres went past 130pm today. Driver o,k take it?

I spotted it at 0700 on Friday and all intact still at 1230 on the way back down from Wakefield,wonder if it was the batteries shorting out that started the fire later in the day…