A1 Roadside cafes/food vans

Punchy Dan:
I used to call at the portacabin south of the ram jam on the old rd layby until I saw a rat in the food store shed ,put me off for life .that bank side out side the red lion at 16 is crawling with rats .

Was it this vicious ■■■■■ Dan? :open_mouth:
youtu.be/bi-ICge62r4

Imagine that ■■■■ thing a couple of feet away hiding under the burger van, while your eating your heart attack special. :laughing:

Wot no UKtramp or dozy, whatever next. No I am due to appear on a BBC documentary and will be hitting the airways soon. :smiley:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:
I used to call at the portacabin south of the ram jam on the old rd layby until I saw a rat in the food store shed ,put me off for life .that bank side out side the red lion at 16 is crawling with rats .

Was it this vicious ■■■■■ Dan? :open_mouth:
youtu.be/bi-ICge62r4

Imagine that thing a couple of feet away hiding under the burger van, while your eating your heart attack special. :laughing:

beans on toast man me :wink: ,that pic reminds me of catching rats at home in a dust bin with a little corn in ,we put the cat in with it and held the lid on ,it was a bit like mad max 2 man enter 1 man leave :laughing: ,other times I put a riffle through the cage :laughing:

TrueNorthProductions:
Hello,
I’m a researcher for True North Productions based in Leeds, and we’re currently making a second series of A1: Britain’s Longest Road.

I’m hoping to get some advice from truck drivers that frequently use the A1 regarding roadside cafes or food vans that might make a nice feature on our programme. We’re looking for any interesting characters that have a particularly interesting story, maybe they’ve been working on the A1 for several decades, or their food is so good people travel specifically to eat there.

I thought the UK’s truck drivers would be the best place to ask for opinions on this, thanks in advance for the help.

I wish you every success as a researcher in your current quest of the A1’s finest culinary delights.

Unfortunately there are not as many as you might think.
However, one that I have found to be rather welcoming, is The Fox, about 3 miles south of the A151.(Colsterworth).

To be fair, it was a member on here who brought it to my attention some months ago.
I always used to stop at Colsterworth truck stop, or Stibbington diner. Both stops not too bad.
But anyway, I thought I would give the Fox a go and it’s very good.
I’ve probably only overnighted six times in as many months, but so far I’ve not been dissatisfied.

A very warm welcome awaits you and the staff are all very friendly too.

If you like the comfort of your own cab after dining and a shower, then TV reception is quite good too. (That is always something I consider when choosing a ■■■■■■■■■■■■)

And fridges are to be turned off after 10 pm, or something like that.