A1 northbound

Anyone know if its still closed

If your on about J49 to 60 yes it is still closed

Cheers

It has been reported that people have been going through the road closers :unamused: because of there actions some of them ended up getting stuck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is it going to be open in the morning?

Heading to Prudhoe at about 8am

Due to reopen at 6am tomorrow morning

I not long came down A1 south from Newcastle, I think north bound should be open soon, carriage way looked clear of water at catterick, just pumping last of it away.

on another matter, has anyone who’s diverted up the a19 while a1 n/b has been shut, has anyone noticed the prestons of potto wagon bang smack in the middle of a flood, it’s around the thirsk area, on the right hand side as you go north. I’m unsure if its got a flatbed trailer on as water looks to be over half way up the cab at least

selby newcomer:
I not long came down A1 south from Newcastle, I think north bound should be open soon, carriage way looked clear of water at catterick, just pumping last of it away.

on another matter, has anyone who’s diverted up the a19 while a1 n/b has been shut, has anyone noticed the prestons of potto wagon bang smack in the middle of a flood, it’s around the thirsk area, on the right hand side as you go north. I’m unsure if its got a flatbed trailer on as water looks to be over half way up the cab at least

Yeah I seen it this morning, I wonder how it ended up like that? Either a flash flood or driver tried to drive through water that was too deep

Came down A19 yesterday. Was a lane out north bound at Billingham (floods) which would of caused major problems normally, adding all the A1 traffic into the equation meant it was backed up 20 miles past Yarm to the A172. Glad I was going the other way!

philmots:
Came down A19 yesterday. Was a lane out north bound at Billingham (floods) which would of caused major problems normally, adding all the A1 traffic into the equation meant it was backed up 20 miles past Yarm to the A172. Glad I was going the other way!

A19 on Tuesday was horrible with the rain. Also did you notice how many motors were on the side of the road?

mickyblue:

philmots:

A19 on Tuesday was horrible with the rain. Also did you notice how many motors were on the side of the road?

I noticed the cars dotted along the side of the A19, cars driving too fast for the conditions and losing it when they hit deep surface water, idiots. I went to Newcastle and back in Tuesday and the A19 was not a nice place to be driving, conditions were pretty bad.

Tell me about it. To many vehicles on a crap road

selby newcomer:

Yeah I saw that too, thought it was my imagination :laughing: