A1 north drivers

Hi,
Any chance of you pricks putting your phone down for 30 seconds while I overtake you?
Twice last night I was nearly put off the road.
Then I see your faces lit up by mobile phone screens.
Come on! :imp:

Explain to me how you are supposed to catch Pokémons without a mobile phone then Smart Arse.

streaky:
Hi,
Any chance of you pricks putting your phone down for 30 seconds while I overtake you?

It’s an absolute bugbear of mine. Professional drivers who really do know better. I get don’t get it. All this kit and tech in modern cabs and not a Bluetooth kit■■?

They cost as little as a tenner! For me it’s as serious as driving over the alcohol limit. It should be six points minimum on licence and hefty fine, then an invitation for afternoon tea with traffic commissioner.

Then a period of supervision of the highest level, after serving a two week hgv driving ban whilst confined to warehouse/ yard duties!

Non negotiable, no excuses. That’s it!!!

Didn’t you know it makes them look cool??! Were they driving a V8?

Butcher:

streaky:
Hi,

It’s an absolute bugbear of mine. Professional drivers who really do know better. I get don’t get it. All this kit and tech in modern cabs and not a Bluetooth kit■■?

They cost as little as a tenner! For me it’s as serious as driving over the alcohol limit. It should be six points minimum on licence and hefty fine, then an invitation for afternoon tea with traffic commissioner.

Then a period of supervision of the highest level, after serving a two week hgv driving ban whilst confined to warehouse/ yard duties!

Unfortunately they are not professional any more and what goes through their little minds I don’t know but I’m getting worried of being put off the road by one of these idiots one night. I think most of the proper drivers have retired now or left driving and we are left with a load of retards tbh!
Apart from the lads on here of course :exclamation: :wink:

Steve-o:
Didn’t you know it makes them look cool??! Were they driving a V8?

No mate, fortunately those blokes seem to want to look after their motors, plus they usually do the overtaking. :wink: :wink:

Kerragy:
Explain to me how you are supposed to catch Pokémons without a mobile phone then Smart Arse.

Ha. :laughing:

Butcher:

streaky:
Hi,

i am in no way disagreeing with you both, when all said and done it is illegal for a reason and i agree with the reason and have a £15 ear piece whenever i m driving car or truck. But my argument is why have all the truck manufactures not been forced to add bluetooth as a standard fit to every truck produced and in all fairness every vehicle manufacture should be made to fit as standard as it is now law not too use a phone so my view is whilst i agree with you 10000% i think manufactures need to be counted for aswell.

Studies have also shown that a phone conversation conducted using a bluetooth device is as destarcting as a hand held phone. Obviously if your holding a phone then thats more dangerous as you are not in full control of the steering plus the distaraction of the chat.

The answer is surely to have some sort of device that doesnt allow any mobile communication while the engine is running, that would also stop people using them when sat in traffic.

Punishment should be swift and severe, instant driving ban. No conversation is worth someones life.

Stanny_1985:

Butcher:

streaky:
Hi,

i am in no way disagreeing with you both, when all said and done it is illegal for a reason and i agree with the reason and have a £15 ear piece whenever i m driving car or truck. But my argument is why have all the truck manufactures not been forced to add bluetooth as a standard fit to every truck produced and in all fairness every vehicle manufacture should be made to fit as standard as it is now law not too use a phone so my view is whilst i agree with you 10000% i think manufactures need to be counted for aswell.

To be fair I doubt they were making calls. They were probably reading the news or on Facebook, or, heaven forfend, on Trucknet!

Stanny_1985:
my argument is why have all the truck manufactures not been forced to add bluetooth as a standard fit to every truck produced and in all fairness every vehicle manufacture should be made to fit as standard

K.I.S.S
It’s not nessesary to fit BT to vehicles, you only need to get the drivers of said vehicles to ignore the phone when it rings, or get them to wait until they arrive at a safe place to make out going calls

Stanny_1985:

Butcher:

streaky:
Hi,

All of the 2016 trucks I’ve been in do have Bluetooth. Most seem to even have blind spot cameras now as well

peirre:

Stanny_1985:
my argument is why have all the truck manufactures not been forced to add bluetooth as a standard fit to every truck produced and in all fairness every vehicle manufacture should be made to fit as standard

K.I.S.S
It’s not nessesary to fit BT to vehicles, you only need to get the drivers of said vehicles to ignore the phone when it rings, or get them to wait until they arrive at a safe place to make out going calls

yeah agree thats exactly what the theory test tells you and is obviously the right thing to do. But lets be completely honest what is the likely hood of this happening i d say slim to none. I m sure there will be some of the older truckers on here that will say they did nt have phones back in there day when driving but times and tech have moved on not all for the best but hay its here so all i m saying is companies want to speak to there drivers and drivers want to keep in touch with friends and family so why not use this tech ie. bluetooth that can and is easily installed in trucks and just make it a standard fit item.

A bit like the twonk in the Tarmac container truck on M1 this morning ! Elbow steering while he plays with he’s phone , I followed him for 3 miles and he was constantly going over the rumble strips on to hard shoulder like a drunken driver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
A bit like the twonk in the Tarmac container truck on M1 this morning ! Elbow steering while he plays with he’s phone , I followed him for 3 miles and he was constantly going over the rumble strips on to hard shoulder like a drunken driver

Im amazed you could see him playing on the phone while you were following him.

Colin_scottish:

blue estate:

Im amazed you could see him playing on the phone while you were following him.

Because I managed to get past him because of his lack of concertation

Where I work I spotted 2 new drivers running around the yard in front of hgvs trying to find a star from Pokemon Go. I thought the nursery was in one of the offices…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find its the fanny in the scani hiding behind the curtain who has the blower to his ear ,all that bling and no hands free ! Oh forgot they can’t afford hands free as they’re supping all that juice ! Someone will be along now trying to tell me the v8 is good on derv lol .

I experienced one on Sunday. Blazing past me on the way into the roadworks, making all the usual V8 noise, then proceeded to hit his anchors and never hit more than 46 (most of the time 42) all the way through.

Cheers for that drive. Some Scotsman from Leicester according to all the guff signwritten on his trailer doors.

Bit of a twunt if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punchy Dan:
I find its the fanny in the scani hiding behind the curtain who has the blower to his ear ,all that bling and no hands free ! Oh forgot they can’t afford hands free as they’re supping all that juice ! Someone will be along now trying to tell me the v8 is good on derv lol .

Manage 9 mpg max in a 9hr drive with a fridge on and the lift axle up in a r62 so not heavy. Could probably get 11mpg out a r450. Boss loves his motors but.