A1 Newark 19/06/13

Big problems on the A1 and surrounding roads around Newark. Major accident at Long Bennington. Avoid if possible.

whats gone on there… bad enough diverting round the problems at grantham - or is it one in the same?? the highways agency told me there was a two vehicle accident, one was on fire, the other was carrying propane gas? :open_mouth: a1 was closed at the a52 going north.

It delayed me going south for about 30 mins.

A van careered into the back of a trailer carrying butane and caught fire.

m.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid … 1457441893

Hopefully the link above works.

Police said a number of people have died but could not yet give details.

That sounds pretty terrible :frowning:

What amazed me was an emergency services car going the wrong way down the northbound carriageway with vehicles coming towards him.

jessicas dad:
What amazed me was an emergency services car going the wrong way down the northbound carriageway with vehicles coming towards him.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

jessicas dad:

Driving towards oncoming traffic is dangerous driving!

SB

If you were burning alive you wouldn’t give a ■■■■ how they got to you!

Bad day for the two guys in the van. Rip fellas.

Was they queuing coming off the slip road or has the truck hit the van in a lay-by?

I heard the van hit the truck in the layby.

smokinbarrels:

jessicas dad:

Driving towards oncoming traffic is dangerous driving!

SB

RIP to the van guys, however yes I think you’re right, there’s no point risking innocent people’s lives trying to get to an accident. The fire brigade maybe, realistically what good can the police do that warrants going the wrong way down the carriageway??

I just behind the tail end of the traffic and could see the smoke. When i was diverted and could see in the distance the fire blazing.

RIP TO THE VAN GUYS

hgvhgv:
If you were burning alive you wouldn’t give a [zb] how they got to you!

+1

The van must’ve hit with some force to catch fire. Then again, leaking cylinders and someone in the van having a ■■■ is all it’d take.
Sounds bad but I hope they hit the lorry at a fair speed.