A1(M) South J47 . . . Overturned Truck

A truck overturned at Allerton Park near Knaresborough on the A1(M) at
about 0440 today (Friday 24th May 2013).

The lorry, thought to be carrying car parts, overturned at Junction 47 on
the Southbound carriageway, leaving the 23-year-old male driver with
minor cuts and bruises.

I passed this on my way to Prudhoe this morning, how did he end up facing northbound on the southbound carriageway??

Another example of the shocking LGV driving standards in this country. :unamused:

would love to know how he managed that ! :laughing:

TTX boy:
would love to know how he managed that ! :laughing:

How does this happen on a straight road? Unless he had a blowout or was taken violently ill I can’t see any reason apart from driver error. Kevmac47.

perhaps his sat-nav ordered him to do a u-turn

I don’t know how it got there but it took them long enough to sort it out.

23 year old driver - that’s young.

Not saying that has anything to do with the accident, but the insurance companies will be putting ‘drivers over 25yrs old’ in BOLD from now on

waynedl:

Not saying that has anything to do with the accident, but the insurance companies will be putting ‘drivers over 25yrs old’ in BOLD from now on

its not an english lorry.

North Yorkshire Police Roads Policing Group Photo

jessicas dad:

waynedl:

its not an english lorry.

Yes it was an english lorry.Passed it on way down from scotch before police arrived.Its Transfreight…see a lot of them on A38 burton area.

At least it was right next to a SOS phone

Maybe he thought he was at McDonalds in his Saxo and tried a hand brake turn ?

selby newcomer:
I passed this on my way to Prudhoe this morning, how did he end up facing northbound on the southbound carriageway??

I’m thinking the wrecker might have dragged it round that way to give them more room at the back of the trailer to trans ship the load.

damoq:

selby newcomer:

I’m thinking the wrecker might have dragged it round that way to give them more room at the back of the trailer to trans ship the load.

I passed at about 6.20am, im sure there was no wrecker on the scene at that stage

Did he come through the barrier and turnover on the southbound carriageway ■■?

TTX boy:

No, I’m 99% sure he never went through the barrier, if he had have done surely lane 3 on the northbound carriageway would have been closed due to a gap in the barrier, wouldn’t it■■? :question:

But I’m pretty sure that he was heading south and has somehow ended up facing northbound.

selby newcomer:

TTX boy:

No, I’m 99% sure he never went through the barrier, if he had have done surely lane 3 on the northbound carriageway would have been closed due to a gap in the barrier, wouldn’t it■■? :question:

But I’m pretty sure that he was heading south and has somehow ended up facing northbound.

Maybe it was an unmarked Merc that pulled in front of him and slowed down? :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:

selby newcomer:

TTX boy:

Maybe it was an unmarked Merc that pulled in front of him and slowed down? :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: funny ■■■■■■, I seen this situation with my own eyes, not goin on mmtm. I leave the tall story making to others and can’t be arsed making things up myself, ain’t got time for that

It is reported that the Driver was having to contend with strong wind
at the start of the incident.

(No doubt he had to deal with a full blown zhit by the end of it.)